Oz what have you done to your FiST lately
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Oz what have you done to your FiST lately within the Fiesta ST Australia forums, part of the Fiesta ST World Forums category; So ive done the short-shifter and was pita to tighten the bolt up as everyone probably knows. But tonight I tried to do my Cobb ...

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Oz what have you done to your FiST lately

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So ive done the short-shifter and was pita to tighten the bolt up as everyone probably knows.

But tonight I tried to do my Cobb rmm, saw the new youtube install and thought hey i can do this after work in 30mins.
    and just got owned.

The FiST scissor jack is too basic and takes ages to get the fist off the ground, even then struggles for the jack stands i bought new from supercheap.
    Be careful as the FiST tight chasis both rims come off the ground

Lucky i had some old stands that were smaller and could fit.

got the front up enough and got access to the bolts for the RMM.

got my downpipe bracket off and its nice an dirty/dusty. ive done about 9,000km so expected.

started to undo the main rmm bolts but i think coz the car wasnt high enough was very difficult.

i loosed the front nut but when trying to do the top rear my ratchet just started spinning.

so gave up and redid everything back up with a spanner.

Ill try again when i have the following:
    1 - trolley jacket
    1 -exchange my stands for some adjustable shorter ones
    1- buy new ratchet spanner
    1- some good gloves.

or ill just take it to a mechanic lol

noticed the jack and Tyre iron are under a nice spare continental Tyre in a Styrofoam mold.
    theres actually alot of room in here and might look at a proper 5th rim/tyre and bottle jack.
    Last edited by Swoopdown; 08-14-2014 at 03:55 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    One of those RMM bolts has Loctite on it from the factory and is tight till nearly the last thread.
    Savant likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The car also has to be level too so the engine doesn't load itself on the other mounts unevenly. Also check out the below vid if you havent already. Seems a bit easier to follow I thought.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01L4fGHe-N4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
    Last edited by SKYWLKR; 08-14-2014 at 05:18 AM.
    anthonyarmstrong likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

is trying to save for next round
    of mods!

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Swoopdown, instead of purchasing a trolly jack, and going through the hassle of exchanging the stands. A much simpler soloution is a block of timber under your OEM scissor jack before jacking the car. Should get you the clearance you need to use the jack stands you have.
    I personally borrow a paving slab from the garden bed next to my garage. Jack has to be fully closed and placed behind the wheel and slid along the rail to the jack point. The gap is usually bigger on the way down and it is easier to get the jack out!
    Once you have lifted your FiST up and down a few times, it gets easier! The most annoying thing about the jack is getting it in the right position so it sits snugly back in that styrofoam mould!

My build : Dreadlys Aussie MO Fist Build Thread.
    2013 Fiesta ST Aus #55
    Mountune : MP215 Kit, Short Shift, Induction Hose, Boost Pipes, Roll Restrictor, Sport springs, Cat Back Exhaust.
    SD Performance Groved & Dimpled Brake Discs with Ferodo DS2500 Pads HEL braided lines & Castrol SRF Fluid
    TRC Splitter, Mountune Wing extensions,Gear gaiter, Shift Knob & mats, Custom painted Engine cover, NB Styling Bonnet strut, Black Vinyl Roof, Plasti dipped Mirror caps & front bar. Koya Drift Tek 17"X 8" with 215/40/17 RE003

is Wrooom Wroom

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been hiding in the background soaking up all the info from the FiST forums.

Have installed a few thing here and there which i'll elaborate on in my build forum which i'll balls up and do next week sometime (for those who don't know i'm a novice.. Was not going to mod nor was i interested in mods until i read DreadlyST build)

Just a sneak peak at where i'm at with her.

Keep an eye out for the build next week!
    NaseH
    DreadlyST likes this.
    On a seafood diet. I see food and i eat it

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Haha thanks guys i will certainly try again but probably on a weekend with more time and your advice.

NaseH those wheels are awesome look forward to how you got them.
    Last edited by Swoopdown; 08-14-2014 at 03:57 PM.

is Currently 2inches to the left

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hopefully if weather is nice, I will attempt to replace all the exterior bulbs with aftermarket upgrades (Headlights, Rear, Foggies and Mirror) I have an understanding and watched a few you tube clips on the removals, but anyone have any helpful hints?

Did the Torque Mount last weekend with no big dramas, but it does help to have a good jack and stands. going to check that the bolts are still tight and while Im under there check all the hose clamps.

Been playing around with the Torque Pro App for the last week which has been a great source of info on my daily drives to work. It read 22PSI at one point which I assume is normal.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got the bluetooth dongle but cant get torque pro on my phone and the ones available dont look as nice compared. trying to find a cheap android phone that has a camera as well. so i can do some runs with my blufin on and off.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Those wheels came up a treat @NaseH
    2013 Aussie 3 Door Fiesta ST

Current Bolt On Mods

Superchips - Stage2 | GGR - DAIS Intake | JS - Induction Hose | 2JR - Catted DP | Milltek - CBE | Renntechnik - Short Shift | Saikou Michi - OCC | Airtec - FMIC | Boomba- SS Lever - All Bushings | Pierce Motorsports - Front Lower Tiebar - Rear Trunk Brace | TB Perf. - Rear Torsion Bar | ST - Lowering Springs | Cobb - RMM | No Pistons - Battery Tiedown - Dead Pedal - Pedal Spacer | DIY - De-Symposer | Depo - Boost Gauge

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rims look great Nasey

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links