Considering trading to a FiST would love some input from the community
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Considering trading to a FiST would love some input from the community within the Fiesta ST Discussions forums, part of the Fiesta ST Forum category; Hi there! I don't actually own a FiST . Im a 2015 Camaro SS owner and Im thinking about trading in the gas guzzler for ...

View Poll Results: Keep current car or trade for Hot Hatch

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the Camaro

0 0%
  • Trade and buy a hot hatch

2 100.00%

Thread: Considering trading to a FiST would love some input from the community

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi there! I don't actually own a FiST . Im a 2015 Camaro SS owner and Im thinking about trading in the gas guzzler for a kick ass,more practical, good fuel economy ride. Ive done about 2 weeks worth of hard research and have concluded that I will be moving to either a FiST, a FoST, or a Focus RS (if I can swing the cash).

Im tired of making higher monthly payments on a car that isn’t practical and only gets 21 MPG highway. I wanted a fun car and I definitely got that with the Camaro — but I don’t drag race or do burnouts so I think a hot hatch might be the perfect car for me with a manual gear box.

Here is my question that Id like to ask the forum. Ive never been inside a Fiesta 4 door hatch - is this a practical 4 door car or is this basically a 2 door for all intents and purposes. Im just trying to get some info before I decide to make the plunge and trade in.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Might as well post my second question since its bugging me too. Im not going to have any issue buying new or used - whatever ends up being the better deal. The question is - do I look to buy a 2016-2017 or do I wait for early 2018 and snag the reworked version of the FiST with the 1.5L 3 cyl? I will be a bit of a modder - would like to do something like the MP230 kits (or whatever is offered for the new ones), will the 1.5L 3cyl really be an un-moddable platform like everyone is saying?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi from Aus.
    I recently traded in my Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo which is a big family sedan with a 4L inline 6 turbo for a FiST. I'm glad I did. Like you, I wanted something that was still fun but cheaper to run and cheaper to pay off.
    I thought going from a 270kw, 553Nm Tq to the 158KW, 320 Nm tq (MP215) would be pretty shit but like you, I'm not much of a straight line speed person and have more fun in the bends. Power to weight ratios weren't to much different when I factored in the FiST was 600kg lighter than the Falcon.
    My fuel economy has gone from babying the falcon to 10.2L/100km roughly 23 mpg down to 6.2L/100 roughly 38 mpg. I still drive it normally but not as babied as the Falcon was. Not only that, having a smaller tank it costs less each fill and longer between fills.
    We have the 2 door ST in Australia and if we had kids or used the back seat a lot I probably would of had to get a Polo GTi or something but my wife has a 4 door 2012 Fiesta and it's fine for travelling in the back, a little squishy if you have 4 big adults but not as bad as you would expect.
    I am happy I downsized. I love driving the FiST daily, the ride is pretty harsh on pur shithouse Aussie roads but you (and paasengers apparently) get used to it. Definitely go for a decent test drive first and if you have kids, take them with you.
    I was originally looking at a Focus RS bit it ended up not being practical financially but if you can afford, it would be my pick. It seems to have the power and handling where the FiST has the handling and the FoST still has great handling, just not FiST like but jas the extra grunt.
    Hope my long winded experience helps in some way and best of luck getting out of that heavy Chevy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I own a modded 2008 Shelby GT500. She is my baby and is a beast, but stays in the garage most days.

Back in 2014 I owned a 2014 FiST as a daily and I regret ever getting rid of her for a different, cheaper daily driver.

2 months back I found a used 2014 FiST fully loaded with recaro seats 28K miles for 16K. I bought her and she is my daily.To this day the FiST is the most all around fun, practical car.Stock is brilliant, but throw a tune on her and it's even better.

I would find a used 2014 or 2015 with Recaro seats and call it a day. You could easily find one in the 15k to 17k range.You will love it!
    2008 SHELBY GT500 (Current)
    2014 Tuxedo Black FiST (Current DD)

INGOT SILVER 2014 FIST
    (SOLD)....you are missed!
    Mods:
    COBB AP V3
    COBB Drop

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Same here, 2014 Shelby GT500 traded in and went to a 2016 FiST. Swapped to lightweight rims, some chassis bracing, removed the back seats and custom carpeted the area then Mountune intake, exhaust and MP215 kit with good fuel. Most fun I've ever had in a car around the twisties and im averaging 30mpg vs 14mpg. Never going back lol
    2016 Fiesta ST w/Recaros, Moonroof

- Mountune MP215 Tune
    - Mountune Lower Box w/Custom Velocity Stack
    - Symposer Blockoff
    - Mountune Charge Pipe Upgrade
    - cp-E Deltacore FMIC
    - OZ Ultraleggera 17x7" Wheels w/Eagle F1 Tires
    - Rear Seat and Trunk Material Deletes
    - Custom Rear Carpeted Trunk Area
    - Pierce Upper Front Strut Brace
    - Pierce 2pt Lower Chassis Brace/Tiebar
    - Pierce Lateral Rear Trunk Brace