Replacing Sync
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Replacing Sync

This is a discussion on Replacing Sync within the Fiesta ST Australia forums, part of the Fiesta ST World Forums category; Hey guys, first post but I've been lurking all sorts of forums since I got my FiST a few weeks ago haha. Loving the car ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Replacing Sync

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Replacing Sync

Hey guys, first post but I've been lurking all sorts of forums since I got my FiST a few weeks ago haha.

Loving the car so far but finding the sound system pretty lacking... I had a chat to the bloke who did my last car audio install and he said to check out Stinger who make a Double DIN Facia Kit.

What Fits My Car? - Stinger Australia

Would this fit the ST with our Sony unit?

Replacing Sync with pretty much any head unit, especially one with Android Auto or Apple Car Play would make a big difference.

I know it'd be a bit of work and effort involved but has anyone done it or know someone who has?

is a robot, maybe...

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    but the car menus like hill assist, esc (i know there's a button) power fold mirrors options, my key options etc all run through sync... dunno how you'd work around that.
    Done: To do:
    • Airtec intercooler
    • COBB rear motor mount
    • Mountune short shift kit
    • Mountune induction and charge pipes
    • Mountune MP215 kit
    • Mountune full exhaust

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm good point. I guess you'd have to figure out if the ESC works without sync. The rest I could live without, hate the hill assist, never use mykey...only thing is I do like my folding mirrors but the car is small enough that it's not really needed.
    UnspokenZero likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

is a robot, maybe...

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    how would you turn hill assist off if you couldn't get into the menu? say the battery died and the setting reset? (not sure if it would or not, have had the battery out when doing the boost gauge and it didn't) But you know, just in case, covering all bases.
    • Airtec intercooler
    • COBB rear motor mount
    • Mountune MP215 kit
    • Mountune full exhaust

is a robot, maybe...

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    also, people have gotten away with just some speaker upgrades, amp n sub for an improvement in sound... i know the sony unit is pretty fugly tho lol.
    • Airtec intercooler
    • COBB rear motor mount
    • Mountune MP215 kit
    • Mountune full exhaust

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah look I definitely wouldn't want to be the test mule haha that's why I was posting to see if anyone has done it or knows of someone who has.

From a quick google search I couldn't find anything, but the facia kit exists so assumedly someone has done it.

My plan is just to run a charging cable up the drivers side to my phone mount for gps and music, and maybe replacing speakers and look at an underseat sub because I need my boot.
    roboBOiTO likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a 2015 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost 1l previously and replaced sync with a double din kit with clarion dvd/gps. It had the wiring loom adapter kit that still made the functions work including steering functions. I could still get into the menus i.e hill start off or on etc...

I now have the 09/16 Ford Fiesta ST and Im pretty sure the same kit will fit this car. But because my ST now comes with navigation I will not change it.

I bought the kit through Strathfield Car radio (just google it) and got them to install it too. All up it cost me around the $1500 installed including the Clarion GPS/DVD player. Note that you will loose the usb function located near the handbrake but you do get the usb functions from the GPS /DVD. The new unit will also take over the bluetooth functions. Everything else is as normal.

Hope that helps.

is Currently 2inches to the left

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I wasnt aware that the 2016 models came with Navigation. Care to post up a pic of it?

Quote Originally Posted by xsocruz View Post
    I had a 2015 Ford Fiesta Ecoboost 1l previously and replaced sync with a double din kit with clarion dvd/gps. It had the wiring loom adapter kit that still made the functions work including steering functions. I could still get into the menus i.e hill start off or on etc...

I now have the 09/16 Ford Fiesta ST and Im pretty sure the same kit will fit this car. But because my ST now comes with navigation I will not change it.

I bought the kit through Strathfield Car radio (just google it) and got them to install it too. All up it cost me around the $1500 installed including the Clarion GPS/DVD player. Note that you will loose the usb function located near the handbrake but you do get the usb functions from the GPS /DVD. The new unit will also take over the bluetooth functions. Everything else is as normal.

Hope that helps.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
    I wasnt aware that the 2016 models came with Navigation. Care to post up a pic of it?
    The Australian MY17 ST Fiesta (i.e. cars built after 06/16) will come standard with Navigation and a reversing camera according to the Ford dealership I spoke to when recently road testing the ST. Recommended retail was to increase by about $1500.
    My understanding was that the MY17 Model would not be available until mid November but sounds like xsocruz already has a MY17 ST.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Replacing Sync-img_0521.jpgReplacing Sync-img_0509.jpgReplacing Sync-img_0511.jpgReplacing Sync-img_0512.jpgReplacing Sync-img_0514.jpgReplacing Sync-img_0515.jpgReplacing Sync-img_0517.jpg

Yah so back in June 2016 I went to a Ford Dealership to buy a 2016 ST but they said that there was going to be an updated version coming end of September 2016. So I ordered one and waited. I got the call last week of September letting me know it has arrived and ready for delivery.

I've never had an ST before so I dont know really in detail what the differences are. I know few things like - navigation, reverse camera, (sync 1 remains the same which is dissapointing cause I thought it will be Sync2 or 3), door side ST plates thingy now illuminates, red calipers, and I dont know the rest.

On Monday they are installing the Mountune Kit cause I wanted the Mountune version and they could only do it on Monday. So hopefully all goes well as it has been a blast driving this car. I had a Mitsubishi Colt Ralliart before and this ST is just plain awesome!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links