MISTA FIESTA's Aussie FiST Build - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

MISTA FIESTA's Aussie FiST Build

This is a discussion on MISTA FIESTA's Aussie FiST Build within the Fiesta ST Builds forums, part of the Fiesta ST Forum category; Plaque time! Give a nice addition to the interior!...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: MISTA FIESTA's Aussie FiST Build

is Wrooom Wroom

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Plaque time! Give a nice addition to the interior!

is Currently 2inches to the left

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Howdy Gents,

I have been somewhat silent of late in the whole build process/modding direction due to not having done anything more since the OP but have been keeping a close eye on most Aussie builds and feedback from members which have both excited me and confused me. More so what direction I want to take which i'll touch base in a sec.

My ODO is currently reading 14000kms from Nov '13 and I have been loving every minute of driving this car. It hasn't skipped a beat yet. Looking forward to getting the 15000km service done (around September) and drop in some Mainlube Engine + Gearbox Oils. I have noticed the gear selections are feeling a bit more notchy so hopefully that will go away with a more premium oil that Fords trusted blend. Everything else seems to fine, but i did hear of someone getting a carbon clean done at this service interval also?? Tyres still look brand new or maybe I'm not driving it hard enough. Who is on their second set of tyres? How long did the RE050A's last?

Having just locked myself in for another bloody mortgage, I have put all mechanical mods on hold until early next year and hopefully by this time more developments in the tuning area are available for the Aussie market with proven R&D and results. My plan of attack/direction in regards to IC, TBE(including dump, cat, muffler), along with the Full Mountune Pipe upgrade, is to get it all installed in one big hit at the same time. I would then like to monitor the variables in increase of kw/hp and Nm etc, over my stock figures as a comparison using the ODB2 Bluetooth adapter/Torque Pro App. As I wont be going the Mountune AP route and all other current Aussie friendly tunes dont come with an AP, the adapter should suffice giving me the info I need. Then finish it off with the the right tune.

At the moment my head is swaying towards either a Revo or Collins Performance Tune, but im really hoping others come to the table for a minimum Stage 2 Spec that will support my hardware. I honestly think the Bluefin Stage 1 for $600~ is the best bang for buck for Aussie market at this present time. I could be sold on it if they do a Stage 2 or 3.

In saying this I haven't stopped sorting out the cosmetic side of things.

I managed to get a hold of another set of OEM FiST wheels with KU31 tyres, which never saw the likes of a road surface, so pratically showroom condition, at a fantastic price I couldn't say no to. Plans for these will be to get professionally powdercoated and wrapped in RE002 215/40/17 rubber when the stockies are on their way out.

Currently awaiting a package, which will see all exterior light bulbs (excluding the licence plate as already done) replaced with brighter Phillips branded bulbs (high and low beams) ,chrome indicators front and rear, LED driving and reverse bulbs. I only recently finished off the interior adding LED reading lights and boot light. Someone here managed to change the bulb for the glove box?? I couldnt figure it out.

Going to try my luck installing the Vibra-Techniks torque mount on the weekend, as I have been feeling alot more movement at gear changes than normal on those spirited/sensible outtings. My only concern is removing the bracket off the OEM mount, which is required for the new install. I believe its press bent, but would a simple wedge in a vice and hammer knock it out suffice?

Will keep all up to date with my experience after both installs.

is Wrooom Wroom

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the update! Sounds like you've got it all set out and ready to go pending mortgage situation and parts/tunes availability in aussy.
    look forward to seeing what you do with it!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Took the time out yesterday and installed the Vibra-Techniks Torque Mount. Removing the stock mount was pretty straight forward, with no real dramas. The stock bracket is still needed for the install, which was the only PITA as it is press bent in. Took a good 15mins without a vice but lots of hammering to get it separated. After that its just putting it all back together and aligning the bolts.

Before I started, I could easily start swaying the motor from underneath, which had a lot of movement. Was quite astounded just how soft the stock mount is, so no wonder the connection between gearbox/engine and driver input is so far away. In comparison once the new one was in, I did the same thing and guess what absolutely no movement. On start up I wont deny that there is more vibrations, but it calms down a bit on idle. With air con on, I didn't really feel any increase in vibration. Took it for a quick drive around the block so the mount could adjust itself . Chalk and Cheese. Gear changes 1-2 , 2-3 are no longer jittery and smooth as. It all now feels connected as one unit.

I would be interested to get a feel for others whom have the Cobb mount and quick shift installed for a comparison. Off the bat I am assuming the Cobb will vibrate less, but I am very happy with how mine is now as a whole package. Am also tempted to get those bushing replaced for an even more refined driving pleasure.
    Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 08-16-2014 at 01:52 AM.

is trying to save for next round
    of mods!

Member #
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Any comparison pictures of stock mount & the new one?
    2013 Fiesta ST Aus #55
    Mountune : MP215 Kit, Short Shift, Induction Hose, Boost Pipes, Roll Restrictor, Sport springs, Cat Back Exhaust.
    SD Performance Groved & Dimpled Brake Discs with Ferodo DS2500 Pads HEL braided lines & Castrol SRF Fluid
    TRC Splitter, Mountune Wing extensions,Gear gaiter, Shift Knob & mats, Custom painted Engine cover, NB Styling Bonnet strut, Black Vinyl Roof, Plasti dipped Mirror caps & front bar. Koya Drift Tek 17"X 8" with 215/40/17 RE003

is ripping skids for kids

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I guess I can comment on both as I had the vibra mount on the mk6 xr4 and I now have the cobb mount. After taking the stock mount off the mk6 and mk7 rear motor mount they both look identical. The vibra mount is a lot more solid and you get more vibration. I loved the vibra mount on the mk6 and only got the cobb as it was cheaper. I was also suprised as to how much movement the engine had with the rmm removed.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spent the day giving the car a much needed clean and took the plunge and upgrade all the exterior bulbs. I had a fair idea from hearing other stories and watching various Youtube videos, on how to approach it all. Took me around 2 hours all up and replaced with the following

H1 Philips CrystalVision Bright 4300K (White Light)
    H7 Philips Diamond Vision Ultimate 5000K (White Light)
    LED Fog Bulbs
    LED Reverse Bulbs
    Chrome Indicator Bulbs

I didn't manage to get the mirror covers off to replace the indicators as they look like a bit of an adventure in themselves.

Images of the lights will be updated in Opening Post.
    Last edited by MISTA FIESTA; 08-16-2014 at 02:32 AM.

is a robot, maybe...

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MISTA FIESTA View Post
    I didn't manage to get the mirror covers off to replace the indicators as they look like a bit of an adventure in themselves.
    They're not too hard. One of mine actually jumped out when I got 2 of the tabs off - get ready to catch them lol.
    Done: To do:
    • Airtec intercooler
    • COBB rear motor mount
    • Mountune short shift kit
    • Mountune induction and charge pipes
    • Mountune MP215 kit
    • Mountune full exhaust

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any pics and tips on install?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I used these two links as a guide which should cover everything you need to remove to get the job done.

! Guide ! Mk7 Fiesta Bulb Change - Ford Fiesta Guides - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums
    Fiesta Mk7 .com : The Fiesta MK7 Bulb Changing Guide : Fiesta Mk7 Guides - Page 5

Its all pretty straight forward, but I found the removal of the rear carpet behind the lights a PITA. Eventually I figured it was hooked in by the plastics around it and then it moves quite easily. The headlights no dramas, but seems to only come out one way but just got to jiggle it at various points. I actually did the fog lights first, but the passenger side is obscured by the washer bottle. You can either remove the three bolts that hold the inner wheel guard (which what i did) or can reach down with the headlights already off. Driver side i managed to get under the car and not remove anything.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links