Mk8 Fiesta ST or Subaru BRZ - Please help me choose
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Mk8 Fiesta ST or Subaru BRZ - Please help me choose within the Fiesta ST Discussions forums, part of the Fiesta ST Forum category; I'm thinking of buying a new car. These are my options: Ford Fiesta ST Mk8 (with LSD option) Subaru BRZ (automatic transmission) I'm 1.84cm tall ...

Thread: Mk8 Fiesta ST or Subaru BRZ - Please help me choose

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm thinking of buying a new car. These are my options:

Ford Fiesta ST Mk8 (with LSD option)
    Subaru BRZ (automatic transmission)

I'm 1.84cm tall and around 122kg. Fat for these cars I know
    I'll use it almost every day, mainly on low traffic areas, half nice village roads, half highway (autobahn.) (I make ~25000 km a year)
    Cargo space and fuel consumption is important (... for my wife ... who rules the earth! )
    I love karting and want a car that would give me some feelings like a go-kart does.
    Winters are around 0 to -10 degree Celsius here, and it snows for a month or so, every year.
    I'm not a fan of how FiST looks. I'm in love with Subaru BRZ. It gives me similar feelings when I look at a Ferrari 360 Modena. But I just want choose the one that I would have more fun while driving it.

It is impossible to have a test drive these cars in where I live. I haven't seen a Fiesta ST yet but sat inside BRZ. Its driving position was really nice, but I would want the steering wheel could be extended more, I like it closer.

I don't have much experience on RWD cars, except karting. In driving simulations, I like to choose FWD cars more; and drifting is not my thing. However I like making some donuts when it snows.

I will not modify the car. I want to use it the way it is designed.

Any thoughts are very appreciated.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I test drove a Toyota GT86/Subaru BRZ when they 1st came out as I wanted one and it was crap. Not fun and underwhelming. Says a lot when a MK7 Fiesta ST with a 1.6L and fwd is a lot more fun than a 2L rwd.
    Basically the 86 had no torque and was overall a bit crap to drive. That was my experience. I wouldn't even look at the 86/BRZ, out of those 2 I'd personally get the Mk8 Fiesta ST.
    The Fiesta will be easier for you to get in and out of and probably have more room.

Fiesta ST Vendor
    Supprting Vendor
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here's the way I see it:

The MK8 Fiesta is a brand new car, whereas the BRZ is on its way out.

We have an employee here who has the 86, and his take on living with it is that the rear seat is almost unusable, essentially a parcel shelf with seatbelts, and that the trunk space, while bigger than you'd expect is still much smaller than most other compact cars on the market. That being said, the Fiesta does offer the versatility of a hatch for cargo, and if you opt for the 5 door passengers will have a better time getting in and out. The BRZ's trunk space is wide-ish but not that tall, so you may have trouble fitting certain things inside.

If you have not driven RWD it will be a fun change to drive it compared to Fiesta based on your experience. The BRZ comes with a torsen LSD standard. I personally would choose the fiesta as I enjoy a fun FWD hatchback more than anything, but the BRZ is toss-able too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have decided to buy a BRZ. My logic tells me to get the FiST! It seems that it would be a much better everyday car; also it is way faster. However I've fell in love with that little Subaru. More I learned about it, more I liked it. So I've decided to listen to my hearth.

I recommend everybody who is interested in the twins, to watch BRZ Development Movie (2 parts.) Ford might have used a lot of brain to build the FiST; but I believe Japanese people used more of their hearth on this car.
    Last edited by korhun; 06-18-2019 at 11:31 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They were massively overhyped pre-release which is why they sold so many so early on. Having said that, I hope you enjoy your new car, I hope it delivers everything you wanted from it.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Following!this seems like a very interesting thread
    Last edited by penak; 06-23-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Sponsored Links