2016 FiST 67K miles and locked transmission any advice?
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on 2016 FiST 67K miles and locked transmission any advice? within the Fiesta ST Discussions forums, part of the Fiesta ST Forum category; Hello! I purchased my 2016 FiST around 15 months ago with 34.6K miles on it at the time, and have put mostly highway miles on ...

Thread: 2016 FiST 67K miles and locked transmission any advice?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello! I purchased my 2016 FiST around 15 months ago with 34.6K miles on it at the time, and have put mostly highway miles on it since then. I do drive it a bit aggressively at times, but no grinding of gears or missed shits and that's only from time to time. I've put over 30K miles on it with no issues but heard a slight rattling/oscillating noise about 3 weeks ago, and sounded like the throw out bearing might be going out. I drove it sparingly over the next 2 weeks but it got much louder over the past 4 days and on the way to drop it off at a nearby reputable transmission shop lost all shifting and had to get it towed. They just called to let me know the transmission is locked up and I will need a replacement, and the new ones from ford was more than the car was worth. After looking around they found a used one with 50K miles, but all said I would be looking at a 4 thousand dollar job! This is crazy, and they said as far as they can tell there was plenty of fluid in the box. Does anyone have any experience with these issues, and where do you recommend I go from here? Would it be worth it pay for a tow and have the Ford dealership take a look? I'd appreciate any help and I love the car, but this is crazy after only 67k miles. Thanks!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just a quick update - I called the nearest dealership and a new tranny would be 3K with 1500 in additional labor and miscellaneous stuff. Starting to wonder why this other shop advised me a new one would be much, much more than the used one for 2 thousand. Going to have her towed to the dealership for them to diagnose, and for 500 more I get a much better warranty unlimited miles and 2 years. Still would appreciate anything yall can tell me and thanks!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Get a USA Today. I know no one reads it... There is a story about Transmissions on B1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi StigST - thanks for the information, but after reading the article it looks like this is an extension of coverage for the dual clutch automatic transmissions. The dealership advised the transmission case was cracked and must be replaced. I complained and asked them to reach out to Ford, but they won't offer any financial help so it looks like 4800 bucks. I will still call Ford directly to complain, but after mostly highway mileage and only 67k miles, never bottomed out or hit anything I would think they would stand behind their product. If not this will likely be the last Ford I ever get!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    G'day from Ausland. My Fiesta had a world of issues ranging from faulty transmissions (full replacement transmission under warranty) to failed clutches, failed steering columns, failed engine mounts and a leaking cracked engine sump. Was a daily driven car which was never tracked. All of this was repaired under warranty so I'd keep pushing until you get it done. Dealer default position is always to say no but you just need to persevere and find other examples of people with the same problem to help make your case.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks amac3804 - I just got off the phone with Ford corporate and they refused to give any assistance. We were on the phone for nearly an hour and I did all I could to at least get some sort of partial reimbursement but they still refused. Basically said that since there isn't a warranty or recall for this issue there was nothing they could do. Same from the service department at the dealership, so at this point it looks like I might be left with this 4800 dollar bill. This is the first Ford I've owned, and it just might be the last. I love the design and driving experience of the FiST, but I really expected more from Ford corporation. A cracked transmission case and never hit any debris or even bottomed out.

Sponsored Links