Fiesta Common Issues for New Gen
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Fiesta Common Issues for New Gen within the Fiesta ST Discussions forums, part of the Fiesta ST Forum category; Just joined this forum and first owner of a Ford. Yay! Been using Chrysler for years but opted for Ford since this is a little ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shinyhotpepperred

Thread: Fiesta Common Issues for New Gen

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just joined this forum and first owner of a Ford. Yay! Been using Chrysler for years but opted for Ford since this is a little cheaper but still quality I just want to know what should I watch out for my new fiesta? Common Chrysler issue is the ac and engine rattling but I was able to maintain my engine. Now my Jeep is already 20 years old. Really hoping you can help me.
    jaymcgrst likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For me over 4 years of ownership of a 2014 fiesta st I needed a Cobb rear engine mount to reduce engine slop and twisting as the factory part is not rigid enough. I have installed a mishimoto metal coolant expansion tank as the factory plastic one breaks down and starts leaking over time. I also fitted an oil Catch can to reduce oil going back into the intake and causing even more carbon build up on the back side of the intake valves and has actually caused the car to have less "lazy days" IMO.. I do an oil and filter change every 5000 kilometres. I have and only ever run this car on 98 octane petrol. I have now done 82k kilometres and the engine is strong and seems healthy as. Engine mount inserts are a good upgrade for the other 2. Look out for that small coolant tube going across the front of the engine bay.. hope this helps and I do have the 3 door version but pretty similar.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My 2014 has 88,500 miles on the clock now. Runs as good today as when it was new. I change my oil at 8,000 miles and only use full synthetic. Great machine. Went to try and get a test drive in the new Veloster Turbo but they didn't want to put any miles on it. It puts out 265lb/ft of torque, but that will be at the crank. My car puts out 271 at the wheels! Sales guy couldn't believe my figures! I have the dyno sheet to prove it. Also, they're looking for $35,000 for the Hyundai! Nearly twice what I paid for my car!

Sponsored Links