Muffler delete, resonator delete, or both?
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Muffler delete, resonator delete, or both? within the Fiesta ST Discussions forums, part of the Fiesta ST Forum category; Im looking to make my FiST louder with not too much drone, and I don’t have the money for a catback system so I want ...

Thread: Muffler delete, resonator delete, or both?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Im looking to make my FiST louder with not too much drone, and I don’t have the money for a catback system so I want to just go to a shop and have a straight pipe done. So should I delete the muffler, resonator, or both? I’ve heard that the resonator delete sounds nice but is way too quiet, the muffler delete is louder but sounds ricey, and I think both deleted sounds nice but I’m afraid its gonna be ridiculously loud in and outside the cabin. Any input would be highly appreciated.👍

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I originally had just the resonator delete done. It sounded great but I could not hear any difference from inside the car. I just recently got the muffler delete done and man does it sound amazing! It pops and burbles every shift, it’s so satisfying! It can get a little loud in the cabin entering about 3k rpm’s I think. But for me it’s nothing that I don’t like, it all sounds great. Driving on the highway is totally fine. It’s pretty quiet and does not seem to drone. I drive about 65-75mph usually

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shungla View Post
    I originally had just the resonator delete done. It sounded great but I could not hear any difference from inside the car. I just recently got the muffler delete done and man does it sound amazing! It pops and burbles every shift, it’s so satisfying! It can get a little loud in the cabin entering about 3k rpm’s I think. But for me it’s nothing that I don’t like, it all sounds great. Driving on the highway is totally fine. It’s pretty quiet and does not seem to drone. I drive about 65-75mph usually
    Thats great to hear! So you have both the resonator and the muffler deleted correct? And is it obnoxiously loud on the outside or is it just kinda loud on the inside?

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregjb102 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shungla View Post
    Thats great to hear! So you have both the resonator and the muffler deleted correct? And is it obnoxiously loud on the outside or is it just kinda loud on the inside?
    Yes I have both of them deleted! I guess obnoxious is more of an opinion but for me, I think it’s great. It can get somewhat loud on the inside around 3k rpm’s. But I drive with the back windows down so I can hear the exhaust even more lol! I love it

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I did just a resonator delete and kept the muffler. I tend to like my cars quieter just because of where I live but just the resonator delete gives the car a great sound, in my opinion.

Sponsored Links