FiST is it big enough? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

FiST is it big enough?

This is a discussion on FiST is it big enough? within the Fiesta ST Discussions forums, part of the Fiesta ST Forum category; Thanks responses, I have still haven't made the trip to the dealership. All of the local dealers have non-recaro optioned STs. I feel like they ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: FiST is it big enough?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks responses, I have still haven't made the trip to the dealership. All of the local dealers have non-recaro optioned STs. I feel like they would be an option I missed.

It all comes down to my 2012 Stage II MS3 I traded and should of never gotten rid of. It truly was the best car i've had and I miss boost. I'm hoping to find a ST with recaros soon to test drive.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The car is pretty small, but I still picked this car over others, and I have a wife and 2 kids, one of which my son is now nearly 6 feet tall! He never complains in the back seat bless him, even though I keep telling him to sit up front.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I rarely have people in the rear seats, so I use my car more like a really large coupe rather than a really small hatch. I have driven to lunch with the car full of coworkers, so three guys who are 6 foot tall and one 5'2" girl. It's not so cramped that people can't get in, but not large enough that it would be at all comfortable for a long trip.

As for the FoST, my buddy has one (paid the same as I did for the FiST, but I had to special order mine and his was sitting on the lot for a few months) and I hate it. It's certainly faster, especially with his straight pipe, intercooler, and custom tune, but the layout feels all wrong. The shifter is too high and too close, the center console arm rest is useless, and the window sill is too high to lean an arm on, but the arm rest in the door is too low. And the car handles like it's heavier than it is.

Obviously these are nitpicky and the ergonomic complaints will vary from person to person.

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using Tapatalk
    Neeqness likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I agree with wiggins. Another nit picky thing I would add being almost 6' is that the rear view mirror is too high (even with the seat all the way down) such that I can't usually see far behind me without ducking my head some. (Regardless how I adjust my mirror.) This is the first time I've ever had this problem and I've driven cars as small as the old Honda CRX.

The center arm rest was also a bit high and annoying at first but I eventually got used to it. Plus it makes for a larger pocket under the armrest.
    Last edited by Neeqness; 01-19-2016 at 05:31 AM.
    2015 Fiesta ST - Red

1996 Honda VFR750 - Red

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm 6'2", 225 and love the space in my FIST. Don't even have the seat back as far as it will go as it's not a comfortable or SAFE. Don't use the centre console or the door arm rest while I'm driving, neither is a good practice while driving the FIST as it's meant to be driven!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteFiesta View Post
    I'm 6'2", 225 and love the space in my FIST. Don't even have the seat back as far as it will go as it's not a comfortable or SAFE. Don't use the centre console or the door arm rest while I'm driving, neither is a good practice while driving the FIST as it's meant to be driven!
    True Pete, but I rack a lot of freeway miles so the center armrest is somewhat useful for me. :-)

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
    2015 Fiesta ST - Red

1996 Honda VFR750 - Red

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sadly my focus st was just totalled and I'm thinking of getting a fiesta st this time. My focus was had new for 20,500 which is a good price. And those door panels offer no comfort for sure. I had a st1 but had added used recaro's and they were ok but kinda hurt my back. The one thing with my focus that was always on my mind was sure it's pretty fast as I was stage 3, but the constant wondering if your motor is going to let go like a lot of them seem to do. Were as the fiesta doesn't seem to have that issue even with upgraded turbo.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a FoST for ~4 months and hated it. I now have a FiST and, other than the climate control issue, love it. The Focus was a good car, but it wasn't a good car for me and here's why:

- It felt huge
    - It felt heavy
    - It never felt as fast as it should have for the power/torque it put out
    - It handled well, but the feeling of size and weight took away from it feeling "tossable"

I'm a handling guy and I really don't care all that much about straight line speed so the FiST is the better fit. It feels extremely light, it is tossable, it is direct in its handling, it fits my two kids, my wife, and myself and while we wouldn't use it over our Accord for long haul family trips, its big enough to get the job done. Also, it has a manic, fun feel to it that the Focus never had, at least for me. The FiST is like an angry little puppy that just wants to run around and growl at things. Even though it isn't faster than the Focus, it kind of FEELS faster because of its light weight, the nature of how the boost is delivered compared to the more smooth delivery on the Focus, and it's all around manic nature and directness.

Also, the Focus had more room, but not as much as you would think. The back seats on the Focus did not give my kids much more leg room than they have in the FiST, and the side to side room for my wife and myself wasn't much different either. The Focus definitely had more hatch room if that's important to you, but if size is a big thing I highly recommend you sit in both on the same day and explore the back seats of both so you can see first hand rather than just assume one is much larger than the other.

Your opinion is yours, but I say drive them both as close to each other as possible so it's fresh in your mind. The FiST is the hands down better car in my opinion, but I can't speak for you. When I had my FoST and the initial "woo, new car" thing wore off after a day or two I immediately knew I made a mistake. I haven't had the FiST more than a few days, but it speaks to me more than the Focus ever did in the 4 months I had it and I can't help but smile when I'm driving it.
    Neeqness likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Forgive me gents if I'm wrong, but during the free Ford day in Utah, I got the impression that the FOST owners preferred the FIST. Much more 'chuckable' on the track and a lot more fun on the road!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Any posts about having rear facing car seats in the FiST? Wife and I are planning on having a baby, and we want to still use the FiST but only if it can seat us comfortably while having enough room for the car seats, plus trunk space for the stroller and such.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links