mini cooper s faster?
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

mini cooper s faster?

This is a discussion on mini cooper s faster? within the Fiesta ST Discussions forums, part of the Fiesta ST Forum category; A buddy of mine has a 2013 mini cooper s stock.. and he blows my doors off.. why? Stock 2016 FiST with 1100 miles...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PeteFiesta

Thread: mini cooper s faster?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mini cooper s faster?

A buddy of mine has a 2013 mini cooper s stock.. and he blows my doors off.. why?
    Stock 2016 FiST with 1100 miles

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

mini cooper s faster?

lighter car.. is it the supercharged model? instant boost if so.

driver skill also comes into play. cooper s n fist are pretty evenly matched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Both have 0-60 time of 6.7 seconds and very similar 1/4 mile times. Mini comes in at 15.1 sec 93 mph. FiST comes in at 15 sec 93.7mph

If it's the John Cooper Works version of the Mini, then it's a whole different story.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    With a full Stage 3 on my car, I can probably leave a Cooper S for dead! The acceleration now is UNBELIVABLE! 190 at the wheels with 271 ft/lbs of torque! The only problem I find now is torque steer, but anticipating it helps a LOT!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteFiesta View Post
    With a full Stage 3 on my car, I can probably leave a Cooper S for dead! The acceleration now is UNBELIVABLE! 190 at the wheels with 271 ft/lbs of torque! The only problem I find now is torque steer, but anticipating it helps a LOT!
    what do you mean by "stage3"? intake, exhaust, ic? access port? tuned? dynopack or mustang dyno?

190 whp seems incredibly low...

in comparison, my fist is VERY LIGHTLY modded..
    drop in filter
    stock midpipe (deleted resonator and custom welded straight thru muffler)
    accessport

197whp and 268wtq. tuned on a dynapack, baseline tune was 170 whp and 205 wtq..

so you could see why 190 whp with claimed stage3 upgrades seem incredibly low to me..

is pining for more track time!

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UnsungFate View Post
    what do you mean by "stage3"? intake, exhaust, ic? access port? tuned? dynopack or mustang dyno?

190 whp seems incredibly low...

in comparison, my fist is VERY LIGHTLY modded..
    drop in filter
    stock midpipe (deleted resonator and custom welded straight thru muffler)
    accessport

197whp and 268wtq. tuned on a dynapack, baseline tune was 170 whp and 205 wtq..

so you could see why 190 whp with claimed stage3 upgrades seem incredibly low to me..
    Them Gran Turismo upgrades, though!
    -Chris
    '87 Civic Si
    '91 CRX SiR
    '91 Civic Si
    '91 Civic Wagon RT4WD

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cobb downpipe, Cobb rear mount, quick shift, H & R lowering springs, stainless system, K & N filter (why waste money on a cold air intake), final mod was the Cobb intercooler, AccessPort tune, all done by FSWerks. So you get 7hp more but I get more torque. It's the torque that counts and I have it! I went with the stuff that works, not to brag about what stuff I have. I kept it simple. Pity you're so far away, a track day would be nice. By the way, I will be posting acceleration times soon when it's dry enough to do so! By the way, I'm in my late 60's, but still know how to have fun!

Just ordered my RallyArmour mudflaps tonight and that is it. Personal license plates coming soon, 1FASTST. Surprised it wasn't taken already!
    Last edited by PeteFiesta; 01-05-2016 at 11:08 PM.
    UnsungFate likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteFiesta View Post
    Cobb downpipe, Cobb rear mount, quick shift, H & R lowering springs, stainless system, K & N filter (why waste money on a cold air intake), final mod was the Cobb intercooler, AccessPort tune, all done by FSWerks. So you get 7hp more but I get more torque. It's the torque that counts and I have it! I went with the stuff that works, not to brag about what stuff I have. I kept it simple. Pity you're so far away, a track day would be nice. By the way, I will be posting acceleration times soon when it's dry enough to do so! By the way, I'm in my late 60's, but still know how to have fun!

Just ordered my RallyArmour mudflaps tonight and that is it. Personal license plates coming soon, 1FASTST. Surprised it wasn't taken already!
    I meant no disrespect, merely wondering. have you ever thought about getting a more aggressive tune? I hope when I finally get my down pipe and intake installed, I'll get past the 200 mark..
    keep on enjoying life, hope I'm well in my older years to still whip a car around a mountain pass.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No offence taken. I'm merely stating that the torque, not the hp is what makes my car as fast as it is. The tune was done by Raffi at FSWerks and I doubt that any more performance can be squeezed out of the car as is. I don't need any more performance and lose reliability. I know when enough is enough. I will endeavour to give you performance figures, acceleration in different gears while on the freeway as it's the only safe(?) way to do so without attracting too much attention. The next time I visit Raffi, I'll ask him to go with me for his assessment on the performance (he is a track racer) and I value his advice and input. 330ft/lbs of torque at the flywheel is not to be sniffed at by any means! More than willing to meet anyone local to me and let them assess the performance too.
    RallyArmor mudflaps fitted today after a 2 day delivery from a vendor on ebay. Unbelievable service! Black with silver and they look great! Will be getting photos of the car on the site very soon.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    330ft/lbs at the flywheel is big torque from a 1.6!!! Nice

Sponsored Links