FiST stalls out after fill up
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

FiST stalls out after fill up

This is a discussion on FiST stalls out after fill up within the Fiesta ST Performance forums, part of the Fiesta ST Garage category; So this weekend I took a trip from Orlando to West Palm beach...just under 200 miles there and 200 back. On my way back to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: FiST stalls out after fill up

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy FiST stalls out after fill up

So this weekend I took a trip from Orlando to West Palm beach...just under 200 miles there and 200 back. On my way back to Orlando from Palm Beach yesterday I had about a half tank of gas and wanted to top it off. So i stopped at a BP and got 93oct gas. All well and dandy. Almost every time I fill her up with gas as soon as I start driving the car acts like it wants to stall out at the light and the RPMs drop then goes back to normal. But yesterday, after filling her up, the car completely stalled out!

I have been noticing rough idle and RMP drops the entire weekend while doing city driving but never had the car completely shut off on me. I've also been using 93oct gas always and have carefully followed the engine break-in process. Car has injen intake, was running Economy map v103, and has COBB RMM.

I have noticed the RPM issue and rough idle since the first time I put gas in it after buying it when it was completely stock. But never had the thing stall out on me at a stop light.

Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this or experience the same symptoms?

I have an appointment already scheduled for 8/7/14 for my clutch issue but wanted to ask on here and see what people think. It really stinks how a new car with under 7k miles just randomly turns off on me. Makes me worry.
    Last edited by orpamoc; 07-28-2014 at 09:50 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    First thing I suggest is uninstalling the AP to see if it resolves anything. Might want to read any codes before removal though.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

is Keepin' On

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a known issue with capless fuel tank. You're suppose to leave the nozzle in the tube after it stops filling for about 5-10 seconds before you slowly take it out. Page 121 of the manual. This happened to me once when I took out the nozzle too quickly. I've been conscious of this and hasn't happened since.
    Last edited by doubletap; 07-28-2014 at 10:40 AM.
    PCH likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

Super Moderator
    is Driving my FiST back in a bit

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If I recall there were some thst had to go to the dealer to get one of the evap solenoids fixed or something like that

14 Perf Blue ST,Recaro's,COBB AP Tuned By DeadHook Motorsport.(313whp 93 Oct/375whp 93 Oct/Meth) DHM Big FMIC/C.Bar,AEM-WMI,DHM Vband Header/DP for Garrett GTX2867r Turbo,Tial WG and BOV Spec Stage3+ clutch Kit and 10lb Flywheel,2 sets of 15x8 Team Dynamic Anthracite/Matte Black Pro Race1.2 Wheels, Quaife Differential. From PCA-1, Race Air Intake and 3 Inch TBE from 2J-Racing ,Boomba Racing TB/Intake Spacers,Shifter and ALL Bushings,Mountune Short Shift.
    Build Thread

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yea...I've definitely tried uninstalling AP before and does the same thing. Will need to try the whole leave the pump in an additional 5-10 seconds after fill up to see if that helps...Had no idea that this was a known issue though. Can't believe that such a new vehicle would have such oddities. Kind of annoying to be honest.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Known issue no for sure fix yet

Ford Customer Care
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orpamoc View Post
    So this weekend I took a trip from Orlando to West Palm beach...just under 200 miles there and 200 back. On my way back to Orlando from Palm Beach yesterday I had about a half tank of gas and wanted to top it off. So i stopped at a BP and got 93oct gas. All well and dandy. Almost every time I fill her up with gas as soon as I start driving the car acts like it wants to stall out at the light and the RPMs drop then goes back to normal. But yesterday, after filling her up, the car completely stalled out! ...
    I'm working on your case for the clutch, and I'll add this to it.

Meagan

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletap View Post
    It's a known issue with capless fuel tank. You're suppose to leave the nozzle in the tube after it stops filling for about 5-10 seconds before you slowly take it out. Page 121 of the manual. This happened to me once when I took out the nozzle too quickly. I've been conscious of this and hasn't happened since.
    Whenever I fill up I make sure to leave the fuel nozzle in the tube for quite a bit of time, and shake it to boot. I've never experienced this problem but have always been paranoid about dripping fuel down the body of the car.

is is killing time at work

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My car started to do this as well.
    Last edited by DanDiggzFiST; 07-28-2014 at 12:17 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FordService View Post
    I'm working on your case for the clutch, and I'll add this to it.

Meagan

Thanks Meagan. Looking forward to see what the dealer says next week. I'll let you guys know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links