8psi of Boost? - Mountune AP - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

8psi of Boost? - Mountune AP

This is a discussion on 8psi of Boost? - Mountune AP within the Fiesta ST Performance forums, part of the Fiesta ST Garage category; Originally Posted by DreadlyST For starters, the OP is in Australia and has a euro spec 3dr FiST, with the MTune handset from Mountune UK. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 8psi of Boost? - Mountune AP

is DIYing it up.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadlyST View Post
    For starters, the OP is in Australia and has a euro spec 3dr FiST, with the MTune handset from Mountune UK.

Just the same as what I have, which I think qualifies me to answer the OPs question. If any of you look through my build thread, you will see I posted about these low looking psi numbers from the MTune handset, and as I stated above in my first post, the MTune handset for the Euro FiST does not measure Boost.

It has nothing to do with the tightness of hose clamps, but that seems to be a generic response for anything regarding boost.

People with different spec FiSTs and different tunes, should not attempt to diagnose problems in a model spec they are unfamiliar with, it only leads to confusion.

MAP is measured in the manifold
    True Boost is measured at the turbo
    The intercooler is between the turbo and the manifold so the pressure in the manifold will be less than the pressure in the turbo as the air has to travel and be cooled through the intercooler!

My build : Dreadlys Aussie MO Fist Build Thread.
    I feel like people go to the boost leak inspection because it is for one so common and for two can cause exactly what he is describing. Also if he didnt hear a whoosh sound and it just started happening, it is definitely likely a clamp came loose.
    Also I have never seen anyone knock someone for trying to help on any car forum so this is a first for me. I get it if someone is spouting off misinformation but this was not the case. If someone has a similar problem on an NA and comes across this thread then his reply is definitely valid.(Considering this forum is mostly NA people)

Just my 2 cents.
    Tokendog likes this.
    Mods
    GreenFilter Air Filter/Holy Airbox(Blessed by Car Gods)
    Cat-back Milltek Sport Exhaust
    RokBlokz Mud Flaps
    Boomba Ricer Plate, Transmission Cable and Shift Base Bushings, Short Throw Adapter
    ATP Charge pipe, Downpipe
    COBB AP Stage 2

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhearts77 View Post
    No factory designed car would run 21lbs of boost. That's way outside the structural integrity limits of most engines to provide long lasting worry free performance. Most factory boost engines see anywhere from 5 to 11lbs
    This is the biggest load of shit I have heard for a long time. Maybe this were true 20-25 years ago. Lol it's 2014 u Muppet and we have gasoline direct injection and turbo technology has come a very very long way. Before you say dumb shit like that just pause for a minute and think. Am I uneducated on this topic and am I going to make a fool of myself?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianST View Post
    This is the biggest load of shit I have heard for a long time. Maybe this were true 20-25 years ago. Lol it's 2014 u Muppet and we have gasoline direct injection and turbo technology has come a very very long way. Before you say dumb shit like that just pause for a minute and think. Am I uneducated on this topic and am I going to make a fool of myself?
    Before you get your panties in a bunch. Realize that I did say most, and not all. So over the course of the last 20 years, my statement does hold quite true, since I didn't generalize and say only Ford direct injection engines.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

is FiSTing and FoSTing

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    No factory designed car would run 21lbs of boost. That's way outside the structural integrity limits of most engines to provide long lasting worry free performance. Most factory boost engines see anywhere from 5 to 11lbs

Before you get your panties in a bunch. Realize that I did say most, and not all. So over the course of the last 20 years, my statement does hold quite true, since I didn't generalize and say only Ford direct injection engines.
    To the contrary, you actually said no factory designed car would run 21 pounds of boost. And with all due respect, we aren't talking about cars that are 20 years old.

As a general response-so much butthurt in this thread. OP asked a question, members gave their best guess or informed opinion. If you're best guess is wrong and gets corrected by someone with an informed opinion, learn from it and move forward-it's just the internet. Geez.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
    To the contrary, you actually said no factory designed car would run 21 pounds of boost. And with all due respect, we aren't talking about cars that are 20 years old.

As a general response-so much butthurt in this thread. OP asked a question, members gave their best guess or informed opinion. If you're best guess is wrong and gets corrected by someone with an informed opinion, learn from it and move forward-it's just the internet. Geez.
    The joy of the internet is everyone is convinced they have an "informed" opinion.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So is it 14.7 atmosphere plus 8lbs. Or is it just 8 lbs?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just upgraded my 3 Door ST to the MT215 kit - Seems to have gone to a 21 PSI over boost to a flat 17 - Using the Mountune Reader and a WIFI OBE Reader

The car is quicker. Just a bit strange?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Glad I found this thread.

Also with a Euro (Australian) MP215 FiST. I had to wait to update my handset - gauges weren't working at all, before I could get some info.

My question was also what boost* do the MP215 tuned cars run as my car felt different since about June/July. I went for a drive and took a pic of the data.

Basically MAP pressure maxed out just over 11psi on a 4th gear pull somewhere up to 6148rpm. The units were set at UK Imperial on the handset.

This seems normal in comparrison to other replies here.

I thought I may as well post as an easy reference for the next person with the same question.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ran my FiST the other day and pushing out 21.4 pounds of boost. No problems here.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteFiesta View Post
    Ran my FiST the other day and pushing out 21.4 pounds of boost. No problems here.
    The MP215 tune is totally safe, definitely gives the car more torque, and gives you more top end HP, too. I felt the difference right away.

The ST200 had basically the same tune, and the same airbox.

I don't even use the handset. I keep it in the car in case I want to run diagnostics.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links