Wavetrac LSD Now Available!
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

This is a discussion on Wavetrac LSD Now Available! within the Fiesta ST Performance forums, part of the Fiesta ST Garage category; I've posted this elsewhere, but I recognize not everyone is registered on the same forums. No, I do not work for them; it's just nice ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RKTFiST
  • 1 Post By iso100
  • 1 Post By me32

Thread: Wavetrac LSD Now Available!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've posted this elsewhere, but I recognize not everyone is registered on the same forums. No, I do not work for them; it's just nice to know that the Quaife is not our only option.

Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2015 4:27 PM
    To: Nathan-Wavetrac
    Subject: Re: wavetrac.net contactform submitted on 21.12.2014 at 12:28:39

Hello Nathan,
    I am following up on the status of the Wavetrac 2014+ Fiesta ST application; is it still slated for release this May in the United States? The Wavetrac facebook page lists the following information:
    56.309.145WK FORD FIESTA ST180 (IB6)
    Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you,
    RKTFiST

RKTFiST,
    Yes they are ready!
    Here is a link to order (we are still adding info to Wavetrac.net as we speak):
    VW Performance - Autotech Sport Tuning: Wavetrac Differential Ford Fiesta ST180 IB6
    please cut and paste the link if it doesn’t work.
    Thanks,
    Nathan
    SpaceFish likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love that it addresses the traditional Torsen shortcomings. Any idea what an average installation price would be?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nice. Good to have more options. Now have to wait for the price to come down on them
    2008 Shelby GT500
    2921 out of 6513 coupes
    132 of 314 Alloy Metallic
    Shelby Dash Plaque,FRPP TVS Super power pack ,Drag Pack,SVT handling pack,FRPP Cobra Jet TB/MAF/80lb injectors,J&M UCA,LCA,Adj.PHB,SFC,PH A/D,O/R H, DynoMax 3in,CHE, Shelby Rad/HE,VMP 2.59,KB BAP,L&M plenum,BMR KMEMEBER,AED CUSTOM RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM.
    91/E85 tune by SHAUN AT AED
    700HP/700TQ ON E85
    10.78 @ 129MPH 1.644 60FT

2014 Fiesta ST Green Envy Tricoat
    2014 Tuxedo Black Fusion

4. Remove Advertisements
    FiestaST.org
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by me32 View Post
    Nice. Good to have more options. Now have to wait for the price to come down on them
    That's pretty much the same price as a Quaife. I doubt the price will come down much and after you factor in the installation cost even if it drops $100 that's a drop in the bucket.

I paid $750 ages ago for the Quaife for my Scirocco Mk1's 4K transmission. That's a very popular differential size compared to what's in our Fiesta STs. I honestly don't ever see it below $850.
    SpaceFish likes this.

is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I could see a grand for install.

Wavetrac makes a very good product. I have a few 500+ whp friends in the VW world who love their product.
    Four wheels:
    2014 Fiesta ST / 1993 BMW 525i

Two wheels:
    2014 Honda CB500F / 2003 Honda CBR954RR

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iso100 View Post
    That's pretty much the same price as a Quaife. I doubt the price will come down much and after you factor in the installation cost even if it drops $100 that's a drop in the bucket.

I paid $750 ages ago for the Quaife for my Scirocco Mk1's 4K transmission. That's a very popular differential size compared to what's in our Fiesta STs. I honestly don't ever see it below $850.
    Too bad this wasnt sometime of factory option because it would of been a cheaper option than the aftermarket once you figure the complete install cost
    SpaceFish likes this.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    2921 out of 6513 coupes
    Shelby Dash Plaque,FRPP TVS Super power pack ,Drag Pack,SVT handling pack,FRPP Cobra Jet TB/MAF/80lb injectors,J&M UCA,LCA,Adj.PHB,SFC,PH A/D,O/R H, DynoMax 3in,CHE, Shelby Rad/HE,VMP 2.59,KB BAP,L&M plenum,BMR KMEMEBER,AED CUSTOM RETURN STYLE FUEL SYSTEM.
    700HP/700TQ ON E85

2014 Tuxedo Black Fusion

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Too bad this wasnt sometime of factory option because it would of been a cheaper option than the aftermarket once you figure the complete install cost
    This! I love that there are a few mechanical slips available for the Fiesta, but installing one seems like a pain. I'd be able to do it, but time is what I usually don't have.

It would be awesome if Ford would make some kind of deal with Wavetrac & have them install the mechanical slips in the factory. Kind of like the old Mazdaspeed Protoge & their Tochigi Fuji Sangyo KK Super limited-slip differential combo. But yeah. I'm asking for too much. I should be tarred & feathered for even thinking of such nonsense.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anime Gee View Post
    This! I love that there are a few mechanical slips available for the Fiesta, but installing one seems like a pain. I'd be able to do it, but time is what I usually don't have.

It would be awesome if Ford would make some kind of deal with Wavetrac & have them install the mechanical slips in the factory. Kind of like the old Mazdaspeed Protoge & their Tochigi Fuji Sangyo KK Super limited-slip differential combo. But yeah. I'm asking for too much. I should be tarred & feathered for even thinking of such nonsense.
    Maybe in the future this will be an option.
    2008 Shelby GT500
    2921 out of 6513 coupes
    700HP/700TQ ON E85

2014 Tuxedo Black Fusion

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Maybe in the future this will be an option.
    Slow forward to 2019, in Europa and bang, they get the Quaife LSD options....f'n Fjord....FVCK you for quitting cars in the US.

Sponsored Links