Check Engine
Close
Login to Your Account
Ford Fiesta ST Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Check Engine

This is a discussion on Check Engine within the Fiesta ST Performance forums, part of the Fiesta ST Garage category; Hi everyone, It's the third time that my car fails and the dealer can't find the issue. First time it was a spark plug (Really? ...

Thread: Check Engine

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Check Engine

Hi everyone,

It's the third time that my car fails and the dealer can't find the issue. First time it was a spark plug (Really? I have 12k kms on the clock), as I didn't had power and it smelled really bad at the exhaust (Gasoline wasn't burning correctly). When the dealer delivered the car, they just said that they reprogrammed the ECU, but didn't said that they changed the spark. A week later the check engine turned on, but I felt no difference, anyway I took it to the dealer and when they delivered to me they said that it was the battery sensor that was unplugged and a vacuum. Yesterday the check engine turned on again I'm getting really tired

The scanner says: "Powertrain P219A", but there is no info

Only mods: Cobb replacement filter and no resonator (Stock line, stock exhaust, stock downpipe and stock cat)

Please help

Update: I found the coide refers to: "BANK 1 AIR-FUEL RATIO IMBALANCE". Possible causes: "Exhaust or Intake Air System Leak". Does anyone without resonator has this fault or anyone with replacement filter without tune has this fault? Or I do have a leak in the exhaust system?
    Last edited by chriST; 06-29-2015 at 10:30 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chriST View Post
    Hi everyone,

It's the third time that my car fails and the dealer can't find the issue. First time it was a spark plug (Really? I have 12k kms on the clock), as I didn't had power and it smelled really bad at the exhaust (Gasoline wasn't burning correctly). When the dealer delivered the car, they just said that they reprogrammed the ECU, but didn't said that they changed the spark. A week later the check engine turned on, but I felt no difference, anyway I took it to the dealer and when they delivered to me they said that it was the battery sensor that was unplugged and a vacuum. Yesterday the check engine turned on again I'm getting really tired

The scanner says: "Powertrain P219A", but there is no info

Only mods: Cobb replacement filter and no resonator (Stock line, stock exhaust, stock downpipe and stock cat)

Please help

Update: I found the coide refers to: "BANK 1 AIR-FUEL RATIO IMBALANCE". Possible causes: "Exhaust or Intake Air System Leak". Does anyone without resonator has this fault or anyone with replacement filter without tune has this fault? Or I do have a leak in the exhaust system?
    The best car scanner tool Click here
    What is model of scanner tool? I think you can check the manual again. If they don't have any instruction, you should contact with manufacturer

Sponsored Links