Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Specifically designed for street and serious track use.

I just got off the phone with a company that has helped me put together brakes for some of my other projects and it is turning out better than I imagined.

11.75" rotor with VERY low cost replacement rings with extensive race and street history
Aluminum hats of course
Calipers also with extensive race and street history with easy to find .060 thick pads
SS lines, mounting brackets, etc

Retail will be $750-800

They are starting the development, right now and it will not take that long:)

-----------

A larger rear rotor and caliper relocation kit will be done as well as very very cost effective, 2 piece setup would have very expensive custom rotors and the rear brakes will be fine with just this change.

Retail around $250

-----------

I am going to be a pioneer and do my best to stuff some 15x9, 13lb, wheels under the fenders and over the brakes:)

I have a fender roller and these fenders will take to rolling easily at least up front and there seems to be a bit more room in the rear but still can be rolled decently.

I just have to decide it to run 225/45/15 Hoosiers and run street wheels as well or run 225/45/15 BFG Rivals full time then just need some winter wheels and tires if ever needed.

-----------

Good news for us that like to track and/or like to make our cars look cooler:)

Rick

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are for serious street and track use, not just to look at;)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not a hug gain but big enough to help and save quite a bit of weight combined with light wheels and tires and you have far more braking capability than stock.

Rotors are $40 each which is dirt cheap and they are good rotors.

If there is any excess heat issues then ducting will help a great deal or go to GT rotors with curve veins and more airflow but they are more like $100 each.

I am looking at flow formed 15x9" wheels for $130 each and either take off race tires, fresh from race teams and few if any laps on them or the Rivals either one in 225/45/15, 19 or 20 lbs respectively, 8.8 or 8.5" wide sticky tires will be fun and fast with that great sidewall support.

For when the weather is not good for either of those I will probably have some 16" wheels with Conti DWS in 205/45/16 or 17, have not decided yet, in the 35-37lb range, they would be great wet weather tires on track or autocross as well.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I want a meatier look, not as good in bad weather as a bit wide for it, 16x8 RPF1 under 15 lbs Enkies and 215 or 225/50/16 DWS but getting a little tall at that size but still total around 35lbs.

I get a great deal more choices since my hubs are in to be re drilled to 4x100:)

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
If you are looking at Wet tires like the Conti (and I have a set and love them in the rain) take a look at the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 (W or Y speed rated not the H or V rated ones) these things are getting rave reviews and tested better than some summer tire in the dry and wet.. I will be putting a set on a set of old 17 inch SVT rims I have for tweener driving when it is not 40 plus and the factory tires wont cope but i don't want to run full on snow tires yet.. Gotta love the seasons... again nothing against Conti's I love them in the rain but will try these this year .. Just went and weighed them and they are about 22 lbs on my low tech bathroom digital scale.. so that puts them and the rims I am using about factory weight 25 a wheel 22 per tire and my factory wheels pegged this same scale at 45.2 lbs.. Just a fyi

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been looking at those very tires and still not 100% sure which way I will go. We will be moving to the Carson City NV when down traveling around which could be anytime we wish, no set plans and then up over the mountains to visit our grandson and get into some snow....will stay clear of it if we can and I have a great deal of experience in it but mostly get tired of dirty cars:)

The Conti is better in the snow than the Mich and I will have plenty of track time so I will not be in a big rush to go fast on public roads......only use them as you mention, when to cold for summer only tires, rain, snow if get caught in it.....I could make the Mich work as many years in snow without snow tires or even all seasons but my wife has little experience in it.

I figured I would end up with 3 sets of tires if I got the Mich so probably will not do so.

Rick

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
dw or dws sidewalls are too soft for any serious work imo. I haven't driven the as3 but from reviews they couldn't be worse.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have had the DWS which I agree with the soft sidewalls but I am working on a solution for just two sets of wheels and tires as have a space and weigh issue do deal with in the trailer.

The Michelin is a superb tire but I will already have a set of 225 Rivals or DOT race tires for when I want to go fast which I do not do much of on public roads any longer, finally slowed down after the past few decades of going fast out there where it is far less than safe, tracks are far more fun:)

I got the hubs and rotors back today, now dual drilled to 4x100 and 4x108mm, first Fiesta I know of to have it:.

I will put the parts back on the car tomorrow and then order some wheels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts