Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3 mile gravel access road loop that gets pretty bad pottholes/washboard ruts in the summer.

doubt the stock wheels would last long.

winter on 15" snows has been no problem.. so I am looking at doing 15" year round.

looking at the "stock size" 205/55r15.... not much selection and pricey.

lots of different and cheaper 185/55/15 (regular fiesta size) .... but that is 10% narrower than the 205.

how much traction/corner performance would this give up?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I run 195/55/15's for winter now yes they are easily over powered buy the car on most any type of road .. Now granted they are bliazzak ice/snow tires and I am running a tune (full boost in 1/2 gears) have not had a good deal of safe cornering this winter so can't speak to that but I am sure those skiney tires would give it up sooner than the stockers .. Have you given any thought to a 205/50 series tire ?? not sure what your budget says but there are also some nice 16 inch options out there .. I amd getting a set of 15x8 wheels for summer track events and feel your pain with limited options as I am going with a 225/45/15...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm also gonna downsize to 16" with 205/50/16 A/S tires. The streets in my city Are 10x worse than ever before from the snow, salt, and plows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for some reason, I thought I had 195 snows, but I checked and they are 185.

been tenderfooting them to not waste $ burning off tread... but with that in mind... I think I will be happy with a stiffer sidewall performance type 185, and one I would not feel so bad about spinning a bit as I learn the summer tires grip profile.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Tires are going to determine your rollout, not the wheel diameter.

You should be able to find a 15" tire with a similar diameter to the stock 205/40-17

195/55-15 would be a close enough match @ 23.4" diameter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts