Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those thugs being deer, careful fellas, its that time of year!

Long story short, was driving on a 30mph residential road, saw a deer crossing the road, hit my brakes and clubbed the one that was right behind him with the front left of my vehicle. Literally a millisecond after saying a few choice words, a third deer decides he wants to check out my Recaros, and stuffs half his head and neck through my front driver side window! Completely blew it out and surprised the shit outta me, the window tint helped a lot in keeping some of the window intact, but still got peppered with shards pretty good and its ALL over the interior. Looking at it quick in the dark, bumper cover is cracked, will need a driver side front door skin, and interior panel, window, and a small dent in the b pillar. Guess that's one way of getting rid of the factory holes in the front bumper..lmao.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Wow that sucks big time! Yo u would think that deer would have adapted by now and be more cautious crossing. Sorry to hear that. Hope your insurance takes care of you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts
Those thugs being deer, careful fellas, its that time of year!

Long story short, was driving on a 30mph residential road, saw a deer crossing the road, hit my brakes and clubbed the one that was right behind him with the front left of my vehicle. Literally a millisecond after saying a few choice words, a third deer decides he wants to check out my Recaros, and stuffs half his head and neck through my front driver side window! Completely blew it out and surprised the shit outta me, the window tint helped a lot in keeping some of the window intact, but still got peppered with shards pretty good and its ALL over the interior. Looking at it quick in the dark, bumper cover is cracked, will need a driver side front door skin, and interior panel, window, and a small dent in the b pillar. Guess that's one way of getting rid of the factory holes in the front bumper..lmao.
Oh man, that sucks! Glad to hear it wasn't worse and that you weren't hurt. I'd be livid, but you sound like you are doing ok with it. lol :p

·
Registered
923 Posts
Oh and what happened to the deer? ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ohh man for sure that's gonna cost a lot of bucks. I'm not sure about you but I don't think I have that kind of doe. Seriously though I'm glad your ok. I'm sure the car will be fine once its all fixed up. Make sure you talk to your insurance company about diminished value.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah im sure it'll be over 2k.. And what's this diminished value you're talking about??

·
Registered
22 Posts
Diminished value is the value that your car loses in resale based on the fact that it had been in a car accident. If you took two cars that were identical except one has been in an accident the one that had been in an accident would sell for less. You can get your insurance company to pay you a percentage of that reduced value. Its not always easy to get a company to do it and may require an attorney to write a letter but it is standard protocol to award it if asked for it but not to offer it if it wasn't asked for..

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn, good to know man! Thanks a lot!! Do all ins companies do this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Insurance companies will never ever ever pay more than they have to. Diminished value claims arent about what the insurance company will do for you but what they are required to do for you by law. Your best bet is to google search diminished value for whatever state you are in just beware of information sites that are masks for law firms.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad you're ok. I have to ask - was there video? Cuz it sounds like an SNL skit! Scary, but kind of funny at the same time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts