Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently a VERY happy owner of a 2012 Fiesta SE HB, but want something with a little more horsepower. I'd orginally wanted a 500 Abarth when I got my Fiesta, but couldn't afford it at the time. Never regretted the decision; however, now the 2013 models of the Fiat are SERIOUSLY discounted. I'd prefer a FiST, but with a $5000-6000 difference...is the FiST really WORTH that much more? I've not been able to test drive a FiST yet...drove the 500, and I DID like it, but not sure I LOVED it...any feedback is appreciated!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I cross shopped the two, and obviously went with the FiST. I LOVED the Abarth's exhaust sound and large sunroof, but that was about it. The shifter is in an odd place, the seats arent as fantastic as the Recaros, it didnt feel nearly as quick and it isnt nearly as practical. The Abarth was $2k cheeper, but it just didnt make sense to me. Before you make the decision, definitely test drive the FiST. A buddy of mine has an Abarth and I get a little jealous when I hear his exhaust, until I step on the gas in 2nd gear in the FiST... then I know I made the right choice.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I traded in my '14 Fiesta Titanium in for my '14 FiST. No regrets. The Fiesta is a larger car than the 500. Plus the FiST just looks fantastic!

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm currently a VERY happy owner of a 2012 Fiesta SE HB, but want something with a little more horsepower. I'd orginally wanted a 500 Abarth when I got my Fiesta, but couldn't afford it at the time. Never regretted the decision; however, now the 2013 models of the Fiat are SERIOUSLY discounted. I'd prefer a FiST, but with a $5000-6000 difference...is the FiST really WORTH that much more? I've not been able to test drive a FiST yet...drove the 500, and I DID like it, but not sure I LOVED it...any feedback is appreciated!
I have taken one test drive without my salesman in the car....flogged it pretty good...had a blast...it's now been 5 weeks since I ordered...definitely take a test drive and then you will begin a wonderful romance with the FiST

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
Why should you choose a FiST over an Abarth?

How about 40hp?

Notably about that 695 biposto - even then the Fiat is ONLY making 200hp... which is what we make stock. lol.

Consumer Reports finds the FiST the better car, hands down... even with the insane discounts.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Why should you choose a FiST over an Abarth?

How about 40hp?

Notably about that 695 biposto - even then the Fiat is ONLY making 200hp... which is what we make stock. lol.

Consumer Reports finds the FiST the better car, hands down... even with the insane discounts.
Well in fairness to the 695 there's more to a car than just power. It's under 2200lbs and has a track-car digital dash, seats, a cage, etc. So even tho it ONLY makes 200HP it's moving around 500 less pounds than our car's motor has to. But that's neither here no there. I'm just saying...

·
Registered
67 Posts
My previous car was 2013 Abarth. Unfortunately (or fortunately), it got lemon'd due electrical problems that was kept on resurfacing. What I do like about the Abarth was the lovely exhaust noise and basically driving it is something very unique. BUT, it doesn't necessarily felt that fast. It handled well in corners but since it's a bit of a tall car, I was always afraid of it tipping over...

Needless to say, I loved the Abarth but Fiesta ST is just so much better all around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I cross-shopped them, too. I liked the Abarth's exhaust and sunroof. I didn't like the pedal position. I also preferred four doors, as I take my two kids to school every day. The FiST has more feature content, and one more forward gear. No regrets, here.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
I drove the Abarth, besides the stock exhaust sound, there is nothing to like about it. The build quality is cheap, the seating position is terrible, the shifter is notchy indirect and only 5 speed, pass...

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
ah. well just noting my source for those numbers...

Fiesta 1.6 Zetec in Forza Motorsport 4 and the weight listed for it there. still...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts