Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone

So I just received my RR FiST yesterday. I waited about 2 months simply because I wanted the red car :cool:

Anyways, the purpose for me getting this car is strictly to turn it into a rally car for Rally America. In the past I have been running a Ford Focus rally car but this year our goal is to step up our program and run the FiST. Our expected day to debut this car is at STPR at Wellsboro, PA in May.

This year NBCSports will be airing the entire Rally America National Championship on tape delay.

NBC SPORTS BROADCAST SCHEDULE (all times EST)
Sno*Drift Rally Airs: April 5, 2:00pm
Rally in the 100 Acre Wood Airs: May 3, 6:00pm
Oregon Trail Rally Airs: June 1, 6:00pm
Susquehannock Trail Rally Airs: June 28, 6:00pm
Climb to the Clouds Airs: July 12, 2:00pm
New England Forest Rally Airs: August 9, 2:30pm
Ojibwe Forests Rally Airs: September 6, 5:30pm
Lake Superior Performance Rally Airs: November 16, 4:00pm

As we progress with the build, I will update this thread, our goal is to increase the exposure of Rally in America and also of our small team based out of Philly.

If you have any question, suggestions, or comments please let me know. I'm always open to ideas, and for rally engine performance is a must. Our biggest competition right now would be the current Ford Fiesta R2.

Finally we don't have any major sponsors, our team mostly consists of family and friends but as with any race team funding is critical. We are always looking for sponsors, or a way to partner with companies in an effort that would be beneficial for both parties. If you know of anyone that might be interested to help out please send them our way, we would appreciate it. If anyone is interested and would like further information contact us at: [email protected]

Looking forward to meeting new people and making friends on here.

Thanks

Anthony Concha

FYI, Yes this is the series were the likes of Ken Block and Travis Pastrana race.

602256_542507982454364_1158606131_n.jpg
2001 Ford Fiesta ZX3 Rally Car

On-board video Focus

1977476_10106064994494304_316015049_n.jpg
2014 Ford FiST

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey Anthony, first off good luck with the build. I was at Tim O'Neil's Rally School in NH last month and the owner, Tim O'Neil, Is currently building his personal Fiesta ST to FIA spec as well. I also noticed you were from Philly. I live just outside Philadelphia County in Huntingdon Valley. I am also trying to get into rally, but I am prepping a 1987 BMW 325i instead of using my leased Fiesta haha. Hope to see you compete, I will be at STPR as well, but most likely spectating since I am still in College.

·
Registered
30 Posts
as for reccomendations, one of the easier things you can do is dropping the stock tire+rim size. Since a 10% reduction in tire size results in a 11% increase in acceleration, I would try to drop to a 14" wheel, which schould fit over the stock brakes. Also, the R2 kit should fit in the Fiesta ST, since it still has the same mounting points for suspension and engine components. I would take out the Dual Mass Flywheel in the Fiesta ST for more consistent and better powerflow to the wheels. Tim O'Neil already got and fitted a 6 speed sequential dogbox transmission that he said was about 18k, and the first thing they did was take out the Dual Mass Flywheel. I would re-make hard steel brakelines, and take out the HCU for the brake system, much better than just taking out the ABS Fuse. On a Side note, I work at a Ford Dealership and havew access to Ford Publications like assemble/disassemble intructions, along with diagnosis and testing of all aspects of the vehicle. So if you ever need help, even an extra wrench at a race, Let me know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Anthony, I'm on the Sweep team at NEFR, unfortunately we have met up a few times in the past. Best of luck with the new car. I still have my 4runner for sweep and work, but I have been very happy with my ST. It will be reaty see you guys out there again soon. What did you do with your Focus?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Rally Fiesta ST?! Wow, this is going to be awesome! I feel like dancing...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey man, nice to meet you. Yes Tims a good guy, he's building his ST way beyond anything I'm looking to do. Although I still expect to be competitive in class. I live not to far from Huntingdon Valley I'm in the far NE.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as for reccomendations, one of the easier things you can do is dropping the stock tire+rim size. Since a 10% reduction in tire size results in a 11% increase in acceleration, I would try to drop to a 14" wheel, which schould fit over the stock brakes. Also, the R2 kit should fit in the Fiesta ST, since it still has the same mounting points for suspension and engine components. I would take out the Dual Mass Flywheel in the Fiesta ST for more consistent and better powerflow to the wheels. Tim O'Neil already got and fitted a 6 speed sequential dogbox transmission that he said was about 18k, and the first thing they did was take out the Dual Mass Flywheel. I would re-make hard steel brakelines, and take out the HCU for the brake system, much better than just taking out the ABS Fuse. On a Side note, I work at a Ford Dealership and havew access to Ford Publications like assemble/disassemble intructions, along with diagnosis and testing of all aspects of the vehicle. So if you ever need help, even an extra wrench at a race, Let me know.
Hey, cool that you work for a local Ford Dealer I may definitely run some ideas by you in the future and if your free for any of our events your definitely welcome for sure.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Anthony, I'm on the Sweep team at NEFR, unfortunately we have met up a few times in the past. Best of luck with the new car. I still have my 4runner for sweep and work, but I have been very happy with my ST. It will be reaty see you guys out there again soon. What did you do with your Focus?

Yes, hopefully I wont see a sweep this year. I'm also looking forward to having this car on stage. I sold the Focus, the helped me fund this project.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good luck !

I was wondering if you still had interior parts for sale? I have damage on my center console (Outlined in red) http://i.imgur.com/OLAp71m.jpg

Thanks,
Hey sorry its taken me a while to respond, but i haven't been on here. Unfortunately however I don't have that for sale as its still part of my dash.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Everyone sorry its taken me a while to post in here but I've been a bit busy. Our results at STPR are as follows:

2WD Group 5
Day 1 - 2014 Sherwood Rally
1st Place (In Class) #348 Ford Fiesta ST - John Concha / Santiago Alban
2nd Place (In Class) #648 Ford Fiesta ST - Anthony Concha / Mark Tisdel Jr

2WD Group 5

Day 2 - 2014 Finger Lakes Rally
1st Place (In Class) #648 Ford Fiesta ST - Anthony Concha / Mark Tisdel Jr
2nd Place (In Class) #348 Ford Fiesta ST - John Concha / Santiago Alban

Our 2 cars are currently atop of the leader board for the Rally America Eastern Regional Championship.

First and foremost I'd like to take the opportunity to thanks JSC Speed and COBB Tuning who served as our sponsors for this event. Also thank you for all the support of fellow Fiesta, ST and Ford owners in general.

Hope you enjoy these pics

Anthony

·
Registered
773 Posts
Some cars are crap when you take care of them and drive them normally. They then become alive when you push them and drive them hard. Alfa Romeo comes to mind

Reactions: MOFiST

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is one of the best threads I have seen so far! I want to put rally lights on the front of my ST so badly and take it out on the dirt :cool: so jealous!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts