Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ford Fiesta ST Downpipe
There's the link. Anyone use this down pipe yet? Pretty good price I think. Doesn't have the bracket on it tho. Trying to find out if it fits perfectly or not!!
I will let you know when I have my installed sometime next week.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I was going to build my own but for the price it is hard to justify the time and cost compared to just buying one though I need a catted one it would still be cost effective to buy it.

Most likely I will build my own exhaust, I have all the parts, a lift, and have built quite a few, last one for a full race M3 took me 4 hours, SS, fewer and more shallow bends than any race exhaust I had seen, lower weight.....I am looking at reducing the 45 degree bends to the least angle I can for the ST system as well, fewer bends, less angle, always better;)

Reactions: GreenFiSter

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I had a shop build me a cat back. Full ss 2.5" hand tug welded the shop did a great job. I know I never could of made anything that looks like this lol I can't weld for shit! I'm between the 2j and cpe downpipe now. My car might be a little to loud tho with catless right now it's 2.5" and a vibrant resonator it sounds sooo mean haha

·
Registered
158 Posts
Is there a sound difference between the catted and non-catted? Also with the non-catted, does that turn on the CEL?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I have mine INstalled with the 2J-Racing 3 inch exhaust and it sounds NO louder then the stock DP was.. Install was not that hard as I did it the Ford way as the shop manual said and took the battery box out and air intake tube as well as moving the shifter linkage out of the way to get the heat shield off without out much trouble and getting a 7/8 or 22 mm open end wrench on the top O2 probe so you can remove the heeat shield to get at the rest of the bolts.. Getting the heat shield and DP out thru the top was very easy and made the install of the sleak new catted DP a breeze.. Very nice unit for the money ..
Thanks Joe sounds SWEET.... And NO stinky hydrocarbon smell ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: airjor13 and Sekred

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have mine INstalled with the 2J-Racing 3 inch exhaust and it sounds NO louder then the stock DP was.. Install was not that hard as I did it the Ford way as the shop manual said and took the battery box out and air intake tube as well as moving the shifter linkage out of the way to get the heat shield off without out much trouble and getting a 7/8 or 22 mm open end wrench on the top O2 probe so you can remove the heeat shield to get at the rest of the bolts.. Getting the heat shield and DP out thru the top was very easy and made the install of the sleak new catted DP a breeze.. Very nice unit for the money ..
Removing it from the top sounds like the best idea. Removing if from underneath is a pain in the butt because of the heat shield.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Removing it from the top sounds like the best idea. Removing if from underneath is a pain in the butt because of the heat shield.
That is what i was hearing from a couple good sources that had done it. So I looking it up in the Ford shop manual and did it their way as it was no harder for me since I had taken all that stuff out once or twice before with the short shifter install and what not.. :) Always good to have options when you don't have a lift available..

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Reactions: LVracerGT

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thanks for the instructions rod, this will be my plan of attack!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Is a tune needed for exhaust + catless downpipe????
I just ordered my exhaust and I figured I should get a downpipe now since i will be doing the exhaust and I wanted to get a catless dp but I do not want to get an AP just yet due to warranty reasons. This will make or break buying a downpipe. (from what I understand a tune is not needed with just the exhaust)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I just ordered my exhaust and I figured I should get a downpipe now since i will be doing the exhaust and I wanted to get a catless dp but I do not want to get an AP just yet due to warranty reasons. This will make or break buying a downpipe. (from what I understand a tune is not needed with just the exhaust)
A tune technically isn't needed for anything on this car. But without one, you won't get the full potential of the parts you put on.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Let me see if I understand what you are saying...you want to buy a catless turboback system but donot want to buy an AP because of waranty reasons? Correct me if im wrong.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Let me see if I understand what you are saying...you want to buy a catless turboback system but donot want to buy an AP because of waranty reasons? Correct me if im wrong.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
I think the idea is that an AP will likely leave behind evidence in the form of # of ECU flashes even when unmarried, while an exhaust can be swapped to stock and leave the dealer none the wiser. Even still, it'd take some digging to find the evidence left behind from the AP.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Rod, how did you attach the DP to the mid-pipe section? I noticed the stock DP had the bolts sticking out but the 2J racing DP didn't, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just got stainless 1 3/4 grade 8 bolts and washers bringing along one of the nuts from the fswerks exhaust to downpipe. If you dont use washers the bolts will pull through the 2j racing downpipe.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I just took the backet off and kept it with the stock DP as the 2J DP is so much lighter it is not needed is my guess
I just got stainless 1 3/4 grade 8 bolts and washers bringing along one of the nuts from the fswerks exhaust to downpipe. If you dont use washers the bolts will pull through the 2j racing downpipe.
Hmm, I am wondering just wondering did you guy receiving any additional hardware / bolts from 2J Racing or did you guys just re-use the bolts off the stock DP, because all I got with my 2J DP is just a gasket..

·
Registered
488 Posts
Okay update guys, just called Joe (super chill dude!) he will be including more mounting hardware to mate to various different cat-back exhausts on all future DP order!

Awesome support from 2J Racing as always, he is going to 2 day ship me the mounting hardware, I highly recommended them, I love a vendor that takes the time to pick-up the phone and just talk to you!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts