Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m pretty new to the fiesta st. Honestly I wasn’t expecting so much from such a little car. But today I was on the high way doing about 75 and I was in 6th. So some guy pulled up on me and I accidentally went from 6th gear to 2nd gear didn’t release the clutch all the way but enough that my car basically went into a kind of limp mode till I pulled over and shut it off then back on. A small wrench appeared before shutting it off when I hit the over rev I think I saw it at 7k and I’m wondering what I should be doing to make sure this poor thing is okay. What do you guys think too?

·
Registered
1 Posts
How has it driven since? Did you mean to go to 4th? LOL. The wrench is a pretty ubiquitous warning, and its a sever warning, but still just a warning. A lot of people get it after an oil change not done right or cap off, so I know it can be triggered by anything oil pressure related, which I am sure you had a spike in oil pressure on that down shift/ My '16 would not reset by the manual but the dealer did it and I can't remember how he reset it. I drive a '19 now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts