Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm on the 7th week and still total silence from the dealership. No vin, no news whatsoever on my FiST order.

Anyone else have a really long wait? Maybe it's the holidays or maybe the people at the dealership just aren't doing a good job?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
IF it is a factory order 6-8 weeks was optimistic on their part I waited 3.5 month after the factory started building them 4 month before that since i ordered in March 1st 13 and they delivered the car Oct 16 13 but didnt start buiding them till July... unless you buy off the lot and take what they have it seem one is doomed to wait.. Not all that bad as this winter seems to be going old school with cold and snow ...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That may have been because FiST's are new.

I actually ordered a car a few years back on beginning of November and it arrived end of that December, but then again, it was coming from Michigan.

I'm also a bit confused because the FiST window sticker i last saw said the location of assembly was USA but aren't they made in mexico with the engines from germany? I'm guessing that accounts for the long wait.

How long did some of you guys have to wait?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I thought the 1.6 engine was assembled in the UK but its close enough for this conversation. YEs the cars come out of Mexico City area and most ship on rails at least to some point then off loaded to a Ship or truck.. I also ordered a few new cars one from Mich and one from Brampton in Canada and both those car were here within a two month period.. I have no idea why it takes so long to get a ST up here when the can get you a Mustang in a manner of weeks not months... Only thing i can say for sure , Once you have your Car all hat waiting will be forgotten every time you drive it :) It is just that good ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rodmoe, that last statement just made my [last 7]week. :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I feel your pain my man. I ordered my car October 24th and I just got my VIN today. The ETA is February 17th so that is 4 month wait! I am sure it will be worth the wait though. =P

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know how you feel Juntech. I ordered mine on October 3rd and have an ETA of January 11th, but that date has changed several times. Ford Customer Service tells me 12+ weeks is "normal" for the ST order-to-ETA timeline. I'm sure you will be happy once you get your hands on your FiST.

·
Registered
923 Posts
So i'm on the 7th week and still total silence from the dealership. No vin, no news whatsoever on my FiST order.

Anyone else have a really long wait? Maybe it's the holidays or maybe the people at the dealership just aren't doing a good job?
I was quoted 8-10 weeks by every dealer I visited (around 8 total)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to know, guys, thanks!

Seems the dealership people are kinda misinformed about the timeline.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Good to know, guys, thanks!

Seems the dealership people are kinda misinformed about the timeline.
Yeah, why does that not surprise me at all? ;)

Reactions: Juntech

·
Registered
95 Posts
In all honesty dealerships suck, and it's all a game. I'd also say 8-10 weeks for the car, I wish this info was more positive but you deserve the truth. Mine personally took around 10 weeks from the factory. The wait is definitely worth it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think many dealers-especially domestic dealers-don't want to order cars- often because they want to sell you something that they have in stock. My local moronic VW dealer essentially told me that it was just too much trouble to order a GTI(I didn't want a hole in the roof, among other things) and they acted amazed that I wouldn't take what they had. A couple of years ago I almost ordered an M Sport 1er and my dealer told me it would be six weeks at the absolute most for a German build, four weeks for a truck from Manufacturing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think many dealers-especially domestic dealers-don't want to order cars- often because they want to sell you something that they have in stock. My local moronic VW dealer essentially told me that it was just too much trouble to order a GTI(I didn't want a hole in the roof, among other things) and they acted amazed that I wouldn't take what they had. A couple of years ago I almost ordered an M Sport 1er and my dealer told me it would be six weeks at the absolute most for a German build, four weeks for a truck from Manufacturing.
That's infuriating, but why would you not go to another VW dealer, or at least told them you would go to someone that will give you what you wanted?

I do it all the time with ford dealerships. It's fun watching them fight for your business. :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's infuriating, but why would you not go to another VW dealer, or at least told them you would go to someone that will give you what you wanted?

I do it all the time with ford dealerships. It's fun watching them fight for your business. :D
The two VW dealers in my area are both pretty pathetic, and they knew I was walking if I couldn't order what I wanted. They simply could not care less. This was in early 2007. Soon after that, the car mags all began praising the Mazdaspeed 3 to the skies. It only took a couple of visits to determine that the local Mazda dealers were hopeless(and greedy), so I went to a dealer near where my BIL lives and found a salesman with SCCA racing experience(who also rode a Triumph). He found the exact color and trim level I wanted and had it shipped in from Northern Ohio at no extra cost.
So basically I have a Mazda dealer and a BMW dealer that both have ethical sales departments and first rate parts and service departments. Which makes me hesitant to deal with the Ford dealers in my area- their sketchy reputations precede them...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts