Registered
728 Posts
Another awesome display from Ken Block!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kennethver

·
Registered
131 Posts
Does that car really have 600 hp, from a 1.6? The WRC cars I thought had 300 hp, is the US series less limited?

·
Registered
131 Posts
I thought he was running a few WRC events, if so not in that car? I saw he was also going to team with Valentino Rossi for one event. Cool.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Its the focus 2.0L built for 600hp and nearly as much torque. The focus motor is completely different than the 1.6L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just wondering this the other day, but would it be possible to swap a focus ST engine into a FiST?

·
Registered
728 Posts
From here :
http://www.cars.co.za/motoring_news/2013-old-school-inspired-ken-block-ford-fiesta-st-rx43/6298/

"No information has been released about exactly what is under the hood of the Ken Block Ford Fiesta RX43."

Seems it's a bit of a mystery as to what's under the bonnet of that monster!

But it does state that Block will be using it in global rallycross championship, so here http://xgames.espn.go.com/rally-moto-x/article/9414846/under-hood-x-games-rallycross-cars I found that a GRX car is powered by a 4cyl 2.0l turbo. +AWD obviously!
Quite possible to fit a 2.0l engine in there when there's no A/C and battery relocated, engine block may even be oriented 90' from ours with the gearbox in the tunnel and the clever AWD diffs!
It really only uses a 3dr ST shell and everything else is custom built by M-Sport!
Someone needs to go to one of these GRX events and have a peak!

·
Registered
773 Posts
He likely has many cars. His Rally America car will have to meet different regulations than his WRC car and GRC car.

WRC uses a restrictive in the turbo. All of the cars make around 300-330hp but around 500-700tq. They are monsters but the restrictor holds back the HP but the TQ is what's important anyways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I saw something talking about how the awd and custom driveline was not the hardest part of building the car. The 2.0L was so much bigger physically that it required tons of fab to fit between the fiesta's much narrower chassis. Already, our 6-speed gear box is from the fusion and it have to have the case modified to fit. All the 2.0L stuff is much bigger. So we'll prob never see a normal person built 2.0L powered fiesta for 10-15 years. When they build a car that was meant to be fwd and they make it awd and they say the hard part was the making the engine fit, then that's pretty crazy.

Even if you stand over the 2.0L without the engine cover, then stand over the 1.6L, it makes the 1.6L look like a bad ass commercial lawn mower engine compared to the 2.0L.

Ever seen a B16 honda motor next to a H22? Its about the samething, lol. Although, the B16 is even bigger physically than the fist motor.

My mom has a normal fiesta. First time i saw here motor ( because oil change retarded left her oil filter loose ), I about laughed myself into a coma. It was like seeing a 1996 ford aspire engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just going to leave this here

·
Registered
95 Posts
Picture from Ken's Instagram of the different Fiestas.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398899872.478384.jpg

For those wondering about engine specs and what not, you have to watch this video where Ken talks about it himself.

·
Registered
728 Posts
So to sum up the video -
The car used for GRX and Gymkhana has the 2.0l turbocharged ecoboost engine, from previous Focus WRC car, ristrictors are added and removed to the turbo so it can be used for the different events. He does mention the 1.6l Turbo when he speaks about rallying but only briefly.
From the image of the engine bay. The 2.0l engine appears to be centrally mounted, and going from the size of the transmission tunnel, I reckon the gearbox is in there and not in the engine bay as in the ST. Also Rad is at rear and firewall looks to be further back into the cabin than the ST. Giving a much bigger engine bay.!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another Ken Block Fiesta drive . . .

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ken Block - Fiesta again

·
Registered
728 Posts
Another Ken Block Fiesta drive . . .
Ken Block - Fiesta again
Same video in both your links
That is Gymkhana 4, the Hollywood megamercial!
Before the vid the OP posted Block has done 6 Gymkhana Videos. 1&2 were in scoobies, as he used to drive for Subaru USA and 3-6 have been in Fiestas. They are all on you tube, easy to find and I can't be arsed posting links!
5 is prob the best on the streets of San fran.
With 6, someone has done a remake with an RC replica car, defo check these vids if you haven't already seen them!

·
Registered
230 Posts
^^ 5 was definitely the best. However if this video was longer it might be a close second for me. (I played soccer in college - best of both worlds for me right here!)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ken Block - San Francisco - 2012 Fiesta HFHV 650 HP - 0-60 1.8 seconds

1 - 16 of 16 Posts