Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and gents,
I just can't thank Ford enough! Finally bringing a uber cool hatchback to the states. I have been very fortunate in my lifetime to own a variety of very cool cars and this one ranks right up there with the best of them. I've owned 3 Mini cooper's, 1 being a GP back in 06, which this car reminds me of quite a bit. I have had each version of the M3 dating back to 97 and even had an M-coupe in 2001 which was just a terrific car. Have also had 4 various 911s which the ultimate one at the time was a 997 GT3. All have served a purpose in someway which brings me to the ST. At this stage in my car career, I currently have the best of 3 worlds. I consider the ST right now to be Ford's best kept secret. It doesn't appear to be massed produced, somewhat exclusive, as I have yet to see one on the road in Southwest Florida. I think it has decent HP, great looks, practical, etc. I would like to see an exhaust released that has a throaty sound without sounding to noisy. The 06 GP had a great tone and sounded really cool on the over rev. Also, a nice tune probably isnt too far away either and possibly powdercoating the wheels glossblack. I also own an 07 Mazda MX5 hardtop convert, runabout/work car and a mint 02 996 turbo. All of these cars offer me something different in terms of driving experience. It was very strange how the turbo felt somewhat HEAVY after driving the ST for 2 days! I look forward to reporting more on how the ST holds up, etc. Now, do I contemplate the new Z06 or the M3??

·
Registered
773 Posts
Ladies and gents,
I just can't thank Ford enough! Finally bringing a uber cool hatchback to the states. I have been very fortunate in my lifetime to own a variety of very cool cars and this one ranks right up there with the best of them. I've owned 3 Mini cooper's, 1 being a GP back in 06, which this car reminds me of quite a bit. I have had each version of the M3 dating back to 97 and even had an M-coupe in 2001 which was just a terrific car. Have also had 4 various 911s which the ultimate one at the time was a 997 GT3. All have served a purpose in someway which brings me to the ST. At this stage in my car career, I currently have the best of 3 worlds. I consider the ST right now to be Ford's best kept secret. It doesn't appear to be massed produced, somewhat exclusive, as I have yet to see one on the road in Southwest Florida. I think it has decent HP, great looks, practical, etc. I would like to see an exhaust released that has a throaty sound without sounding to noisy. The 06 GP had a great tone and sounded really cool on the over rev. Also, a nice tune probably isnt too far away either and possibly powdercoating the wheels glossblack. I also own an 07 Mazda MX5 hardtop convert, runabout/work car and a mint 02 996 turbo. All of these cars offer me something different in terms of driving experience. It was very strange how the turbo felt somewhat HEAVY after driving the ST for 2 days! I look forward to reporting more on how the ST holds up, etc. Now, do I contemplate the new Z06 or the M3??
Z06...

It finally looks like it performs. Plus...620hp and 650tq...hopefully it comes in a manual though. The shots that were leaked were all automatics/DCT (hopefully a DCT).

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Ladies and gents,
I just can't thank Ford enough! Finally bringing a uber cool hatchback to the states. I have been very fortunate in my lifetime to own a variety of very cool cars and this one ranks right up there with the best of them. I've owned 3 Mini cooper's, 1 being a GP back in 06, which this car reminds me of quite a bit. I have had each version of the M3 dating back to 97 and even had an M-coupe in 2001 which was just a terrific car. Have also had 4 various 911s which the ultimate one at the time was a 997 GT3. All have served a purpose in someway which brings me to the ST. At this stage in my car career, I currently have the best of 3 worlds. I consider the ST right now to be Ford's best kept secret. It doesn't appear to be massed produced, somewhat exclusive, as I have yet to see one on the road in Southwest Florida. I think it has decent HP, great looks, practical, etc. I would like to see an exhaust released that has a throaty sound without sounding to noisy. The 06 GP had a great tone and sounded really cool on the over rev. "Also, a nice tune probably isnt too far" away either and possibly powdercoating the wheels glossblack. I also own an 07 Mazda MX5 hardtop convert, runabout/work car and a mint 02 996 turbo. All of these cars offer me something different in terms of driving experience. It was very strange how the turbo felt somewhat HEAVY after driving the ST for 2 days! I look forward to reporting more on how the ST holds up, etc. Now, do I contemplate the new Z06 or the M3??
News Flash! COBB's AP stage 1 tune is delicious....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't imagine GM is going to release a dual clutch, would be shocking news. However, handling that amount of HP and torque will be a handful. Unfortunately, manual gearboxes are becoming a thing of the past. Depending on speed vs driver involvement, DCT, DSG are becoming more of the norm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been keeping up with what Cobb is doing, would like to do all in one go, meaning filter, tune and exhaust. Has Cobb done any street/track driving with this tune? Any torque steer? When I shopped the Fiesta, I was considering the Focus ST and 14 Mini GP. Both cars where exceptional in their own way but didn't care for the Focus weighing 3200 lbs, and couldnt see spending $40K for the GP. Again, my opinion is the Fiesta, regardless of price, is a bargain.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Can't imagine GM is going to release a dual clutch, would be shocking news. However, handling that amount of HP and torque will be a handful. Unfortunately, manual gearboxes are becoming a thing of the past. Depending on speed vs driver involvement, DCT, DSG are becoming more of the norm.
Typically what manufacturers do is release a trans like a DCT on their flagship and then filter it down through the line afterwards. Mercedes is starting to do that after they released their DCT for the SLS. Now even the CLA has a DCT.

I personally think that a car needs to be exciting. I am not a fan of the way that new turbos are always explained as "not feeling turbo". I do appreciate the driveability of said turbos but I like the drama and excitement you get from the old school turbos. Wait...wait...wait....BAM!! A car that is meant to be special and fun is made this even more so when you have drama.

The new cars are great but a manual gives you that pucker factor. You mess up, you spin or get the ride of your life. You feel more accomplished and manly when you can row your own gears. Manufacturers see it as not being able to sell to as many people so that is why autos are so prevalent now.

Reactions: DAC17
1 - 6 of 6 Posts