Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am about to purchase the FiST, most likely this weekend.
I'm specifically looking for a White 2015 model, and trying to take advantage of the dealers being desperate to push out the 2015 models.

I've went to a few dealers and contacted a few salesmen to see if they could get some ordered in. 2 different places are offering me white cars that are around 320km. That seem ridiculously high, and I can guarantee whoever has been driving it was having a lot of fun with it.

Even if it's 100km due to transportation, I would understand.
The salesmen basically told me I'm nuts if I think that's 320km is high, and all cars they will order in will most likely be in that range.
I call BS, but what do you guys think??

A buddy of mine said since the engine is turbo'ed, even more important to "baby" it in the early stages to break it in properly.

This is actually going to be my very first car purchase, so pretty excited, and don't want to get ripped off.

·
Registered
96 Posts
lol... Anyone?? 44 views and none of you FiST owners can chime in... ? :rolleyes:
We're all too busy driving our FiSTs...

It's purely an opinion but given a reasonable discount I wouldn't think 320km (200 miles) would be that big a deal. Unless it was being handed out as loaner (unlikely with a FiST, but who knows) most of those miles are going to someone test driving it with a salesperson (i.e. supervised) on board. If I were truly paranoid I'd check the tires 1st. If all the mold-nipples have been scrubbed off, or if the shoulders of the tires show a lot of scuffing that would be a strong hint the thing may have be driven hard. I might look at the rockers, wheel openings, etc. for stone chips. But 320km is barely a tank of gas.

Again just my opinion. ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was worried because one salesman flat out said it was taken out for this "24 hour test-drive". They were doing this thing where the customer trades in their car for a day and takes home the ST. 24 hours to test drive a car unsupervised in a performance car?? :eek: Then the customer returned only to conveniently choose a different colour...

Second salesman said it was transported from a dealer in a suburb, which was about 70km away. Still doesn't cover 320km. Sounded fishy that both cars were claimed to be exactly at 320km though.

Anyway, I knew I had better options. I found another dealer who had the car with 44km.
I'm now a new FiST owner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts