Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new member looking for some advice

There's a fully loaded 2015 Green Envy FiST not far from me going for $22,571 OTD.

The downside is that is was manufactured in late July of last year, meaning it's been sitting on the lot for at least 7 months.
On the bright side it still only has 10 miles, meaning it hasn't been beat up with test drives all that time.

What risks am I taking by purchasing a car that has been sitting so long? Is there anything I should pay special attention to when I see it in person?

I plan to completely look it over in person when I can. I've read I should request a new battery be put in for free or at least get in writing that the dealership with replace the battery for free if something goes wrong.

Thank you

·
Registered
173 Posts
+1 Steal of a deal, don't worry, you will have a warranty if anything goes wrong. Look it over and take a test drive. But beware, if you drive it, you will buy it. Lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's a fair price and suspect the color might be why it's still setting on the lot. Green Envy may not be popular in your part of the county, but I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a new FiST at that price. Let us know what you decide, Mutombo.

BTW...I see this is your first post...so, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Are you In the states or Canada? If Canada is this the one in Ontario with the factory racing stripes? I looked at it but I couldn't really get my head around the green. Looked at Molten Orange same day and fell in love.

It's a great price and still a sweet car. It's price has continously dropped obviously, and like said above likely only because of the color may not be super popular. I still think it looked sick, green just isn't for me personally to own.

On that note though, I agree with the battery, and I'd also want a break service done to make sure nothings seized up or gummy. These breaks are annoying enough without a slider sticking. I'd also be sure to push that thing to 120km/h at least in test drive and make sure there's no flat spots on the tires from sitting there since July. Just my two cents!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a fair price and suspect the color might be why it's still setting on the lot. Green Envy may not be popular in your part of the county, but I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a new FiST at that price. Let us know what you decide, Mutombo.

BTW...I see this is your first post...so, welcome to the forum!
Living in the retirement capital of the world has its perks I guess!

Are you In the states or Canada? If Canada is this the one in Ontario with the factory racing stripes? I looked at it but I couldn't really get my head around the green. Looked at Molten Orange same day and fell in love.

It's a great price and still a sweet car. It's price has continously dropped obviously, and like said above likely only because of the color may not be super popular. I still think it looked sick, green just isn't for me personally to own.

On that note though, I agree with the battery, and I'd also want a break service done to make sure nothings seized up or gummy. These breaks are annoying enough without a slider sticking. I'd also be sure to push that thing to 120km/h at least in test drive and make sure there's no flat spots on the tires from sitting there since July. Just my two cents!
I live in the states. I still have yet to see the green in person, but looks great in pictures.
Only issue with the test drive is that I don't really know how to drive stick... I'm thinking I'll be bringing someone along with me if/when I buy.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Living in the retirement capital of the world has its perks I guess!

I live in the states. I still have yet to see the green in person, but looks great in pictures.
Only issue with the test drive is that I don't really know how to drive stick... I'm thinking I'll be bringing someone along with me if/when I buy.
if you don't know how to drive a stick then im not sure your 1st stick car should be brand new. you better off buying a beater stick to learn.

·
Registered
18 Posts
if you don't know how to drive a stick then im not sure your 1st stick car should be brand new. you better off buying a beater stick to learn.
I disagree. This car is easy. I bought my FiST used but its my first stick, I stalled it a few times on the way home but did well considering it was stop and go rush hour traffic for an hour.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I disagree. This car is easy. I bought my FiST used but its my first stick, I stalled it a few times on the way home but did well considering it was stop and go rush hour traffic for an hour.
I guess to each there own

·
Registered
18 Posts
I understand the concern no doubt with added stress and wear on a new clutch but seeing the beating people put on these on the track I'd be comfortable learning on it. I'll be teaching my girlfriend how to drive a stick on it too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That's a great price man. As for learning stick find a buddy with an old beater stick car or go rent a v6 manual camero or mustang for a day or two learn on that clutch not your own. The FiST is real easy to drive imo I have only been driving stick for about 7 months now learned on an 06 WRX sold that picked up a built 91 mustang w/ a stage 2 clutch that ones a bit annoying such a stiff clutch but its a weekend car I dd my FiST.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts