Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know about this induction hose for our cars? They claim it improves air flow by 35%. Seems like an odd claim. Would you not want to make a HP improvement claim?? It also was not measure on a car, it was done on a flow bench. I would guess that more air flow would be a good thing, but not sure what this means for a stock car with this part on it.
Anyone have any thoughts? I would love to see a before an after dyno run with this part.
http://www.fswerks.com/collections/ford-fiesta-st-ecoboost-16l-2014/products/mountune-high-flow-induction-hose-ford-fiesta-st

·
Registered
946 Posts
Alot of companies will post flow numbers because they are typically higher than the actual power gains netted, and we all know when people see big #'s they buy. More of a marketing thing imo, and not really necessary on most parts (beside intake/exhaust flow numbers for a head etc).

·
Registered
488 Posts
That is expensive in my humble opinion..

·
Registered
169 Posts
If your gonna spend the 299 that it is. Spend the extra .95 cents and get the hole fswerks intake setup. I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Didn't notice much gain. Just noticed it pulled a little more in higher rpm. It also makes that cool woosh sound. Also according to fswerks there making there own tunes for the intakes, exhaust etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your gonna spend the 299 that it is. Spend the extra .95 cents and get the hole fswerks intake setup. I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Didn't notice much gain. Just noticed it pulled a little more in higher rpm. It also makes that cool woosh sound. Also according to fswerks there making there own tunes for the intakes, exhaust etc.

I want to stick with the stock filter, the after market filters let in a lot more dirt and i would like to hold onto my car for 200K.

·
Registered
946 Posts
If your gonna spend the 299 that it is. Spend the extra .95 cents and get the hole fswerks intake setup. I got mine about 2 weeks ago. Didn't notice much gain. Just noticed it pulled a little more in higher rpm. It also makes that cool woosh sound. Also according to fswerks there making there own tunes for the intakes, exhaust etc. I want to stick with the stock filter, the after market filters let in a lot more dirt and i would like to hold onto my car for 200K.
You want your car to last that long don't touch a thing and leave it stock. Aftermarket filters are not as bad as people make them out to be, unless you live in Iraq where there are constant sand storms I'd say you'd be fine man.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I found the JS induction tube for like $140ish shipped on ebay....still about 50% too expensive for my tastes, yes I am a cheap ass lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i had a K&N on my JCW mini and it did last 200K but it was way down on power the last 50K . I do not mind mods, (my mini had a lot of them) i just do not want more dirt blasting through my motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts