Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a present for someone who has a 2014 Fiesta ST3 and want to buy an air filter that makes it sound mean, loud and make it faster. I dont know a lot about cars so can you please recommend a good air filter that makes it sound loud and really good. Also, don't want to spend millions on one, preferably under £200. Any recommendations? Thanks a lot! :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Air intake or air filter? Most filters are around $50 USD but won't really improve performance. You will be able to hear the turbo a little bit more with a drop in filter. A full air intake is a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
The CAI or cold air intake is a controversial subject on this car. Some people say that the stock intake is good, while other says aftermarket CAI's are the way to go. I sided with the former group on this subject mainly due to cost, I just couldn't justify spending $400 for something that would only give me minimal gains.

I'm getting one of these - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DDTNTG2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 and a hole saw attachment for my drill to cut some holes in my stock airbox. The filter and holesaw kit I got only cost me $50 including shipping. That would be the route I'd take if you just want to hear the turbo more. Just my .02

·
Registered
241 Posts
your best and cheapest option to get the car to sound mean and even free up a bit of power is to buy a silicone intake hose, which only replaces the plastic piece that connects to the air box and features and accordion style section, and an air filter. mishimoto and mountune offer the silicone hose for about 150 usd I think and the air filter is about 50usd...

that'll open up the intake a bit and you'll be able to hear the diverter valve much more.

another cheap option that makes the fist sound mean but does nothing for performance is a blow off valve.. those are under 100usd, but I'm not sure on exact prices.. this piece makes a loud audible "pshhhhh" as it blows of the excess pressure instead of circulating it..

you should YouTube the blow off valve and silicone hose, there are videos of the sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts