Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im not sure if this should be posted here or performance, but has anybody come across some good hood vents for FiST? I would love the look and it would be nice to have the extra cooling.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Reckon these vents look better :

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cxwrench

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Reactions: Morag92

·
Registered
526 Posts
I would totally rock these vents. Wonder how much something like this would cost to have professionally installed?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
Not to much I wouldn't think. If you zoom in on the image they look like it's just a clean cut hole with dark coloured mesh mounted on the underside then the edges on the sides exposed to airflow over the bonnet have a sculpted leading edge to help extract the hot air. I did notice these two spots seem to be the warmest areas on the hood after a spirited drive. Being an r5 wrc fiesta it would be a case of function over form. I'd love to just don't know if I can bring myself to cut the hood up lol

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hmm... I wonder about fitting a NACA duct right in front / on top of where the air filter is with a CAI. It would lower the intake temps and effectively turn it into a ram air.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hmm... I wonder about fitting a NACA duct right in front / on top of where the air filter is with a CAI. It would lower the intake temps and effectively turn it into a ram air.
Lancer evo 6 bonnet has this but behind the factory air box location download.jpg
Later they went to this which I think is probably better for cold air feed
Top-AWD-Features-Evo-Engine-Bay-02.jpg
Most bonnet vents these days in motorsport seem to be for the use of hot air extraction and down force aids rather than cold air feeds.
WTAC_PORSCHE_0762.jpg

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm sure someone could do some R&D with a CAI setup and see if they can get an actual power gain from it. *Looking at you COBB* :cool:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Not knowing a whole lot about aero, but I would assume that a NACA duct probably will not do anything for an air intake. Air is likely moving too quickly to be caught by it (or enough to make it worth it). All/most race cars and a lot of production cars are now using the airflow from the front of the car through the rad, then sucking it up and out the hood to add to cooling to the engine. I would say this would be the most beneficial way to do it.

03 Chevy Corvette Stingray aero front.jpg

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
59 Posts
I contacted DTM autobody in LA for body kit with roof scoop and good vents and paint to match body kit on Fiesta R5.... They quoted me $7,100..... Should I do it?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
I don't think you can have Ram air with a turbo sucking in so much... I'd imagine air inlet velocity is greater than most speeds you'd practically see.... the cooling benefits would be nice though.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I contacted DTM autobody in LA for body kit with roof scoop and good vents and paint to match body kit on Fiesta R5.... They quoted me $7,100..... Should I do it?
If that price is for fitted and painted, that sounds like a good price, considering that the Ken Block style kit inc spoiler costs over $5K US! From puma speed in UK, and that kit is really for previous model Fiesta.
The job would need full respray of both sides of car for a good job.
It would also be a 1 of a kind!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 57 Posts