Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I would LOVE a REAR skid plate to protect the black box under the car not so much on the front as cooling is already a soft point with this car..

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm slightly concerned about winter slush going all over the bottom of my engine. I can't believe there isn't an underbody tray.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely interested. I wondered why the Fiesta never came with it in the first place.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Interested. Primitive Racing will build one, probably in the $200-250 range for 1/8" aluminum. Team O'Neil will do one too, but I heard the price was high.

A buddy of mine was talking to Tim O'Neil a couple weeks back, his suggestion was looking overseas. I took a quick google search, and it's looking like $150 or so for stamped steel. He also said to make sure to ad cooling holes near the back for cooling.

I plan on doing some TSD rallies, and need the underbody protection.

For the rear, all we need is some HDPE or UHMW-PE as there is nothing mechanical (ie. rear diff) that needs to be protected. Lots of rally guys use it as tank, brake/fuel line, control arm protection. Even flaps under to protect from gravel spray. Rally Armor uses it for mud flap material.

I plan on fabbing up my own aluminum skid plate, and will share the dimensions and build.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
AS long as the rear one isn't too close to the exhaust a Plastic shield like we used on our Snowmobileswold be more than enough to protect the gaslines and whatever is in that low hanging black box..

·
Registered
120 Posts
definitely one for the rear charcoal canister. The front would seem to be more like a splitter, but sure love to see what you come up with

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Spec on temp resistance are about 230F for HDPE and 176F for UHMW. Should be good as long as it's not pressed up against the exhaust
Cool just make one to cover this evap canistor BS and we are good to go ..

fcb1.jpg

·
Registered
559 Posts
Can there be more 'splainin' about why we need a skid plate in the first place? I am no rally cross guy, but I am not ignorant to the fact that I do not want sheeot splashdedd up in my my critical areas...you feel me?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Can there be more 'splainin' about why we need a skid plate in the first place? I am no rally cross guy, but I am not ignorant to the fact that I do not want sheeot splashdedd up in my my critical areas...you feel me?
I feel you. I got the same question.

·
Registered
316 Posts
First mod, living in an area with snow and salt I want/need a belly tray for the engine compartment! Pronto :) a blue print of your design and I'd build one if need be, if a vendor makes one even better :)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts