Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Apparently my car is at Annacis Island and I might be picking it up today, Chumms you get your car yet?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just spotted a black one today parked at SW Marine dr. between 71st and Milton st. wondering if it's anyone here

My car arrived this morning and my salesman made sure I could get it today, I also told them not to wash it as I didn't feel comfortable having their brushes touch my brand new paint so I took my car home looking like it hadn't been PDI'd lol

I went to Point Roberts this morning to pick up the floor mats I ordered from Tasca, I also got some oil filters that should last me the next 6 months

Reactions: chumms

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sweet ride. ;). Now you need some tint on that baby!

How much did the floor mats come out to with delivery? I'm assuming CBSA didn't make you pay any duties?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think total with 4 oil filters came to about $110 USD shipped to Point Roberts, they rarely tax/duty me when it's below $300-400 in my experience.
I have a Nexus pass and go down 1 or 2 times a week, more frequently so that I'm not bringing $500 at once and so that I can fill up different cars with some cheaper US gas haha.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I was thinking of pulling the trigger on those all weather floor mats but couldn't find them on the Tasca site. Sounds like you got a sweet deal on them. The only ones I did find are on eBay for $113 USD before taxes. That would make it at least $125/130 CDN with $ conversion and cc conversion fees accounted for. Plus $2.50 for pick up in Blaine. A little too much for my liking.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah the tasca site is terrible for finding things,
Ford Parts - TascaParts.com
Part # is EE8Z*5413300*AA

These definitely aren't as heavy duty as the weathertech or husky liners but they're pretty! :D
I used an F150 discount code and it worked, iirc it was 5% off "F150ONLINE"
I'm debating whether I should get the mat for the trunk as well

1922049_10152183522542912_6173000812643208295_n.jpg
Washed the car and took it out for a 70km drive around 11pm last night, I'm pretty pleased with the number plate my friend got me. Asian numbers and ST, My NB miata is 882 LNB so the 2 cars kinda match too :p

·
Registered
88 Posts
@JohnnyCanuck where'd you get your windows tinted?

@Chumms pics of the car!!!!

picked up a Finevu CR-500HD from my friend Alex @ blackboxmycar.com and hardwired it to run when the car is off. The 12v plug by the shift knob also runs when the car is off I think but the big plug gets in the way. I bought the extra gizmo that makes it so you don't drain your battery and the camera will shut off when your battery is running too low. Everything is tucked behind the glovebox, where the fuse box also lives. The cable for the camera just slips in behind the A-pillar and the headliner so you only see the 2.5" or so you see in the pic

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
@Justinsane got mine tinted at Sreet Legal Tint & Detail.

Nice dash cam. Did Alex install it for you? I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm doing with electronics and the such. And would he give a fellow FiST owner a better than advertised deal? ;) I wouldn't mind one, our honda van is scratched to shit because of vandals while parking on the street. So it'd be handy if someone tried to mess with the FiST.
Also, any worries as to someone breaking into your car and stealing it?

·
Registered
88 Posts
@Justinsane got mine tinted at Sreet Legal Tint & Detail.

Nice dash cam. Did Alex install it for you? I'm not going to pretend I know what I'm doing with electronics and the such. And would he give a fellow FiST owner a better than advertised deal? ;) I wouldn't mind one, our honda van is scratched to shit because of vandals while parking on the street. So it'd be handy if someone tried to mess with the FiST.
Also, any worries as to someone breaking into your car and stealing it?
He gave me a pretty solid deal but it's my second camera I bought from him and I refer quite a few people to him. Alex used to do installs but not anymore, although I hear he is going to hire an installer soon, will let you know if he does.
I think the cigarette lighter method is good enough on a daily driver where your battery isn't likely to run flat, I don't really have a clue about electrics either but I tucked the wire in myself and showed my friend where the fuse box was and he plugged it in.

I'm not too worried about the camera being stolen, I had a $30 stolen from my old Miata 2 years ago but thieves were really trying to go for my head unit and took that while they were at it. Speaking of which, I forgot to answer you about how the Fiesta compares to the Miata. The Fiesta feels more nimble whereas the Miata more planted (when you have the right tires at least) and the driving position is hugely different, in the Fiesta your knees are so much higher relative to your feet and the shift knob is so far down. I prefer the naturally aspirated throttle response and engine noise but I'm in the process of installing a supercharger on the miata so I don't know how long that will last. I'm absolutely in love with the ST though, I feel confident with it's size and visibility is excellent, the ride is better and the car feels great on the highway, definitely feel like I made the right choice. I signed up for a track day at Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, WA in June and I think the Fiesta will be a blast!

@Chumms haha twinning!

(EDIT: May 2)
Got my rear windows tinted, a very mild 30% keep it looking OEM-ish
10152049_10152189419902912_8257976803231341889_n.jpg

Reactions: chumms

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not really lol, it's $20 cheaper and doesn't have wifi. Have heard great things about the CR500 sensor though. I have the Blackvue DR380 on my Miata and I like it.
I didn't need wifi because my phone has micro SD slot so I can view the clips right away on there and import them to my phone pretty easily.
Alex tells me there'll be a DR600 soon so perhaps wait for that?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Capture.jpg
Someone here? This is @ Canadian Tire/Sport Chek on Marine and Ontario.
Race Red with grey interior and rado grey wheels. Had a plate on it so I'm assuming not a demo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Someone here? This is @ Canadian Tire/Sport Chek on Marine and Ontario.
Race Red with grey interior and rado grey wheels. Had a plate on it so I'm assuming not a demo.
That was me, although it's actually Molten Orange it does look red in certain lighting.

I still haven't seen another FiST on the road yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy fellow Vancity FiST owners! I've had my ST for about 3 weeks now and have only seen one other ST on Oak and 49th while i was in at the Esso grabbin some Tim Hortons. It was Molten Orange just like mine!! I'm a painter so you'll see me all over the place in North and West Van and West of Granville St in Vancouver. I live in the Champlain Heights area in east van so after work i'll be cruisin around burnaby and east van area on Kingsway or Boundary and sometimes on the weekends i go out to PoCo, so hope to see some of you guys out there!! Especially that Green one!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Spotted an orange one thursday at Marine way/Byrne meet, anyone here?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Saw another FiST on the road for the first time this morning, it was a black one going south on the Arthur Laing Bridge. LOL, surprised I was able to drive my car for 4 months without seeing another one.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts