Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling we have a few MN people around here. I'm in St. Paul. Anyone else?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Hate to bump my own thread but it's a show for a good cause.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right here! I'm in Woodbury.
Awesome, nice to meet you. On another forum we have another guy in the south metro as well. Three confirmed FiST's in the Metro!:D
'

·
Registered
131 Posts
Even though I live in Roberts I work in St Paul, so I'm a Minnesotan by default. But I'll always be a Packer fan!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even though I live in Roberts I work in St Paul, so I'm a Minnesotan by default. But I'll always be a Packer fan!
Nice I drive by Roberts every saturday, I take classes in Eau Claire. Glad to meet our De facto Minnesotan!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm from the far west end of the cities in Orono. Tuxedo Black. Feverishly waiting for pothole season to be over and autocross season to start.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm feverishly waiting for May 11, that's when I fly to SLC and take the ST Octane Academy!

BTW I just noticed my neighbor down the road has a focus ST, it's silver so not as obvious but I saw the ST emblem when he turned in. I think he might have just picked it up too.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I do run with MAC, although it's been very limited for a few years thanks to marriage and house purchasing. When I ran more it was in a black mk4 gti. I should be back to running more regularly this year.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Well there is the first two events on the first weekend of May and then the TnT on the 18th. I'll have the fiesta at least at one of them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I should have the Fiesta at one of the ValleyFair events. I may be co-driving my wife's SMF Del Slo at the other. Sadly neither have proper tires right now, so I won't be that competitive. I won't make the TnT though. The "You've met your Waterloo" gravel road rallye is on the 17th and I'm not gonna be able to do both.

Actually, I should be taking my Fiesta to it's first motorsport event this weekend. The "Escape to Wisconsin" road rally. My normal driver won't be able to drive his Mazda2, so it looks like he gets to navigate for me instead. Pictures should be forthcoming.

The gravel/winter road rally car.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mazda Motor vehicle

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'll have the FiST at MOWOG 2. Going to see what I can do in FWD as the evo will not be ready and I don't want to get PAX killed two days in a row (driving a kart on M1)

·
Registered
37 Posts
A couple pics from the Escape to Wisconsin Rally. We were first in novice class, 4th overall out of 15. Not bad for my wife's first rally and my second. She drove, I navigated and tried to suppress my terror of letting my wife bomb through Wisconsin hill country in my new FiST. For those of you who may not know what a road rally is, you try to maintain a speed over challenging roads while navigating an unknown route. There is alot of nerdiness, but it's still entertaining and gets the competitive juices flowing.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice job!

Here is a picture from the VERY wet Novice school Auto-x

The two people that were students in it (both friends of mine) finished 2nd and 4th overall out of 58 drivers. One of them was in first when another friend in an evo finally put together a good run and won by .17

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice shot!

What kind of tires are you running? I was saving up for the 225/45 16 z2s but now they are sold out. Which leaves me with limited options. Actually I think it leaves just the skinnier RS3s in a 205/45 16, since none of the Rivals fit without rub.

Or maybe I should go crazy and squeeze the dark horse 235/40 17 federal RS-Rs on the stock wheels for 1 season...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have the ZII on it in the 225/45/16...they seemed to perform very well.

I would not recommend the 235/40/17 if you like your fenders...someone attempted to squeeze one of the wider 17s on their car only to buckle the fender (not the liner) on a hard turn.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts