Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
773 Posts
If its around 550-650, ill go cobb otherwise prob ford performance cat back. Any word on when a cobb system will be released..
Well seeing as the FoST catback is $800, I would highly doubt that it would be that cheap.

The difference is that theirs is a work of art. It is amazing quality and sound and durability. That is worth the extra $150.

· Registered
773 Posts
Fswerks for 550 is pretty hard to beat. I'd like to see more downpipes released.
I had a Cobb TBE on my STI and it was second to none. It was a little more expensive but it was totally worth it. A lot of times what you get from cheaper exhausts is fitment issues, less refined sound, terrible drone and so on. I am not saying the FSwerks is going to be like that but Cobb is almost to the OEM type modifications like Dinan is to BMW.

Reactions: COBB

· Registered
488 Posts
I had a Cobb TBE on my STI and it was second to none. It was a little more expensive but it was totally worth it. A lot of times what you get from cheaper exhausts is fitment issues, less refined sound, terrible drone and so on. I am not saying the FSwerks is going to be like that but Cobb is almost to the OEM type modifications like Dinan is to BMW.
I really wanted to wait for the COBB exhaust but the FSWERKS one at $550 is really hard price to beat. I got it, the fitment was perfect spot-on, full stainless tubing and flanges, new bolts, nice quality / tip and great sound. I wish it was a tad bit louder at part throttle and idle but at [email protected]# hello :cool:
that said, no doubt the quality + fit and finish of the COBB will be really top notch :) I can't wait to see a lot of the parts they have in the pipe line!!!!

· Registered
1,150 Posts
I've been putting a lot of thought into it, and for the money, a catback from a company just isn't worth it to me.
I'm havng a catback built for $400, and I'm sure I'll have similar gains and noise.

· Registered
1,227 Posts
I've been putting a lot of thought into it, and for the money, a catback from a company just isn't worth it to me.
I'm havng a catback built for $400, and I'm sure I'll have similar gains and noise.
What size? What material? Resonated or non? What kind of mufler? and final question is that price installed? :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,150 Posts
2.5 inch, I wanna say its just regular old stainless steel, magnaflow muffler, no resonator, 2 new tips, new flange to bolt up to my Milltek DP
$400 installed.

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Damn thats a good price...i was quoted $500 to $600 for a custom 3" with magnaflow muffler ay a reputable shop south Jersey.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Ya this is a great shop that works on tons of modded cars. I'm.getting 10-15% off for military discount, the original price was $450 ish

· Registered
49 Posts
When ever you modify an exhaust you want a tune to compensate for the reduced back pressure. Any mod that affects airflow on your car should be compensated with proper tuning. I'm waiting for cobb so I have an OTS map that I can trust up until I use a larger stock location turbo like a k03-k04 and have a pro tune performed in their facility.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.