Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If its around 550-650, ill go cobb otherwise prob ford performance cat back. Any word on when a cobb system will be released..

·
Registered
773 Posts
If its around 550-650, ill go cobb otherwise prob ford performance cat back. Any word on when a cobb system will be released..
Well seeing as the FoST catback is $800, I would highly doubt that it would be that cheap.

The difference is that theirs is a work of art. It is amazing quality and sound and durability. That is worth the extra $150.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am going to wait for Cobb, i really like the way they do things. They are not rushing it out the door to make early sales. they are doing it right with lots of testing.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Fswerks for 550 is pretty hard to beat. I'd like to see more downpipes released.
I had a Cobb TBE on my STI and it was second to none. It was a little more expensive but it was totally worth it. A lot of times what you get from cheaper exhausts is fitment issues, less refined sound, terrible drone and so on. I am not saying the FSwerks is going to be like that but Cobb is almost to the OEM type modifications like Dinan is to BMW.

Reactions: COBB

·
Registered
244 Posts
Cobb - Any update a lot of us are waiting for your Cat Back. there are many others hitting the market (its getting hard to hold out) When do you think you will have somthing to show us?

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had a Cobb TBE on my STI and it was second to none. It was a little more expensive but it was totally worth it. A lot of times what you get from cheaper exhausts is fitment issues, less refined sound, terrible drone and so on. I am not saying the FSwerks is going to be like that but Cobb is almost to the OEM type modifications like Dinan is to BMW.
I really wanted to wait for the COBB exhaust but the FSWERKS one at $550 is really hard price to beat. I got it, the fitment was perfect spot-on, full stainless tubing and flanges, new bolts, nice quality / tip and great sound. I wish it was a tad bit louder at part throttle and idle but at [email protected]# hello :cool:
that said, no doubt the quality + fit and finish of the COBB will be really top notch :) I can't wait to see a lot of the parts they have in the pipe line!!!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I've been putting a lot of thought into it, and for the money, a catback from a company just isn't worth it to me.
I'm havng a catback built for $400, and I'm sure I'll have similar gains and noise.
What size? What material? Resonated or non? What kind of mufler? and final question is that price installed? :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
2.5 inch, I wanna say its just regular old stainless steel, magnaflow muffler, no resonator, 2 new tips, new flange to bolt up to my Milltek DP
$400 installed.
Damn thats a good price...i was quoted $500 to $600 for a custom 3" with magnaflow muffler ay a reputable shop south Jersey.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
When ever you modify an exhaust you want a tune to compensate for the reduced back pressure. Any mod that affects airflow on your car should be compensated with proper tuning. I'm waiting for cobb so I have an OTS map that I can trust up until I use a larger stock location turbo like a k03-k04 and have a pro tune performed in their facility.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts