Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I didn't come into this whole thing expecting to get the rated mileage as I do almost all city driving and have never gotten close to rated numbers in my vehicles outside my 97x aero. I am pleasantly suprised to see that though i have changed out my breakin oil, even on the 5-20 semi synthetic motorcraft oil I am currently at 30.5. Before a few miles of hwy miles i did this weekend I was still at 28.4 on my gauge in 80% street 20% rush hour sketchy freeway traffic. I do have blizzaks on so that may effect it as they are 195's but i cant imagine it effects it that positively as they are so soft. You guys getting rated mpg stock?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Been tracking over the last 1700 miles and my average is 29.1 mpg. I have a relatively short commute to work (~15 miles) and I am quite often getting on it hard. I did find that it gets noticeably better mileage since it has started being more springlike with the temps.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am on a trip up in Salt Lake City, Utah this week for the ST driving school. It was a 9 hour drive, mostly at around 75-80 MPH on cruise control. The car's trip computer read 35-38 MPG. So on a long trip it looks like good MPG.
Ron

·
Registered
120 Posts
34 mpg 9000 miles now 70/30 hwy/city. all stock

·
Registered
556 Posts
Reset the MPG monitor before heading out for a mostly highway trip.

With the cruise set at 80, never got over 26mpg. I think 25.8 was the highest it registered.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm nearing the 3000 mile mark. I'm seeing 26-27mpg for my daily commute (14 miles each way) with an average mph of 30-34. I have yet to take a long trip.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Like SpaceFish said, it has been between 1.5-2 over actual mpgs. This has been my experience with every car that tracks mpgs by computer

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
7K on the car and i am getting 34MPG but i have an hour drive each way to work and it is all highway. My Cobb accessport helped me by about 3 MPG i am using the 91 .101 map

·
Registered
587 Posts
I have been running 93 octane. I seem to get 31/38-39 average. That is driving decently conservative with a few heavy pulls. I bet if I grannied the hell out of it 33/41. If the overage is true that may be more like 31/39. The 93 made a 1-5 mpg difference city to highway. We have a lot of odd red stoplights. I would be curious to see if anyone else gets this higher average. I did this because my Prelude did the same thing, but it is a very high compression motor. I have not looked up what these 1.6's are running.

·
Registered
248 Posts
2000km so far and averaging 8.0L/100km (29mpg)
on the hwy the best i've hit is 5.9L/100km (39 mpg)

something i've noticed as well, wonder if anyone has noticed this as well, but when i first start the car and start driving the mpg just shoots up and it'll take about a good 15 min or so of driving before the mpg slowly starts to creep down

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if having it in sport mode affects cruising MPG.

With Sport Mode on, the MPG gauge wouldn't read above 26mpg. With it off, I was seeing over 30mpg.

I don't drive my FiST very often, but I'm going to investigate further on the next extended mileage trip I make.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just filled up again. 28.6 on the gauge, 27.8 calculated.Pretty close and pretty good imo.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if having it in sport mode affects cruising MPG.

With Sport Mode on, the MPG gauge wouldn't read above 26mpg. With it off, I was seeing over 30mpg.

I don't drive my FiST very often, but I'm going to investigate further on the next extended mileage trip I make.
Since I started hitting sport mode every time I started the car, I noticed it go up, not down, although that does coincide with warmer weather for me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've been resetting my average MPG and average MPH every fill up. I'm consistently averaging 28mpg. 90% city 10%hwy. I was getting around 26.5-27 when I first got the car. 5600 miles on it now, did my first oil change at 3500 miles with the Motorcraft 5W20 synthetic blend and BG MOA additive.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts