Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just checking to see if anyone have tryed the cobb sway bars? Let me know all that you like about it or maybe a better alternative even.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Gotta find a review before i buy! BUMP!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i actually got them... they work really well and im very happy with them!

Reactions: COBB

·
Registered
110 Posts
I too have read that they're re-branded Eibachs, but have no personal knowledge. Also, the OEM base model Fiesta front sway bar is larger than the ST-spec front bar, and I'm pretty sure it's under $100 from Ford.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I too have read that they're re-branded Eibachs, but have no personal knowledge. Also, the OEM base model Fiesta front sway bar is larger than the ST-spec front bar, and I'm pretty sure it's under $100 from Ford.
say wa!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
say wa!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not THAT surprising... The Base Fiesta has a much softer suspension, and it sits about 1.5" higher, on
different springs. A stiffer sway bar kinda makes sense... but it is also tuned to a different suspension, so
it may not be an improvement per say. Just sayin'.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think you are correct, FeloPr! I had my COBB bars installed in Dec., and, while I have snow tires on and am NOT tearing around corners, I was told by the technician at CJs that the instructions for the bars said Eibach, but the bars were black, like COBB! I was mildly upset, because were they the same bars, COBBs were a bit more expensive--PLUS the red color would've been neater!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have them installed since Dec. 2014, BUT, here in Central PA, and with dedicated snow tires on (Blizzaks WS80s) I have not driven the car aggressively enough to even begin to notice any difference!!! Hopefully, some FiST owners from WARM climes can give you more info! Sorry!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks, Ian! I could see the COBB name on them when the suspension goodies were installed, but the tech. said the instructions were from Eibach! You now explained it! WHY re-invent the wheel?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts