Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
New forum member here. Purchased my Fiesta ST back in April and opted for the Ford Oz backed Mountune kit at the time.
Estimate at the time was around June - best guess. Suited me then, as my preference was to get a few thousand km's on the clock before arranging fitment during the 3000km inspection.

I chased them up early June to be told they'd be at my dealer end of June. Got a "we'll check and get back to you" response at the end of July.
I've just sent them my third email today.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else out there is waiting on this kit from a dealer and what info you're being given (or not given) or even had it installed by the dealer?

Not sure whether the delay is supply from Mountune or Ford Australia red tape and rubber stamping or something else? Thoughts?

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put an order in during feb and only had mine installed probably 1 month ago. Had the same delay over and over but the person I have had looking after my fiesta at my local dealer was always open to email. Sucks to hear you are still waiting, it is well worth the wait. Lots of fun.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback, Jman.
Pinged the Parts Manager at the dealer today and suddenly there will be one available on Monday!
Just booked it in for fitting and the 3000km inspection week after next.

Gotta admit that over the last 5 months I've questioned whether I needed it. Loving the car, as it is.
I suspect my thoughts may change in a couple of weeks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey hotdiggity
To be perfectly honest, I don't know that I could pick the difference. Maybe I do too much commuting to benefit?

I was expecting Ford would leave the original tune on the Accessport so I could switch back and forth, if I wanted, but there is only the MP215 on there?

I'd probably save my dough, if I had to choose again, as I probably won't do any further tuning mods.

·
Registered
284 Posts
By the sounds I got lucky. Bought a MY16 Fiesta ST on Saturday (in stock) and pick it up Friday equipped with the Mountune MP215 upgrade. Got 5 years warranty (was deal of the month) to boot. I am bloody excited, I am about to burst, 3 more sleeps is too many.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats and how awesome is the car hey! Anything you can share about how you've found the MP215 kit? I guess you never drove it without it though, if you got it with the upgrade installed....?

By the sounds I got lucky. Bought a MY16 Fiesta ST on Saturday (in stock) and pick it up Friday equipped with the Mountune MP215 upgrade. Got 5 years warranty (was deal of the month) to boot. I am bloody excited, I am about to burst, 3 more sleeps is too many.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I test drove a stock one before buying and I guess the difference to be honest is fairly small but usable. I probably wouldn't pay Ford the $2,300 to upgrade a car I already have but to negotiate it into the drive away price was probably worth it.
I haven't given mine a hard time as it only has 2,500km. I feel lower down in the revs it pulls harder than stock from memory. I remember going up a steep road on the test drive and it handled it fine but my car with the MP215 seems to do it easier. I think Mountune were aiming for lower and midrange gain and notnso much peak power but the torque is really good for a small fairly light hatch back. Probably after the 3000km service I'll start to have some fun in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts