Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Admin, Mods, I do not intend to be a vendor here, just want to help others have more good choices. I would gladly help a vendor here get this going.
Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Spoke Auto part
EDITED:

Just a feeler for now, I am looking into this as there are so few great low weight quality wheels for this car.

I have had quite a few sets of these great wheels, they are super tough on the street, track, hard core racing, very well made......and look beautiful.

I would love to do 16's but they just do not have the molds.

I talked to the guys there and if enough interest they will make a batch of 25 sets, not sure if both widths and have to make sure 8.5 would fit under the car but probably would with the right offset.

XXXXXX, cannot do an 4x108 bolt pattern

4x100 ONLY, I am changing to a 4x100 bolt patten for a very reasonable cost.

Around 17lbs and $250 per wheel but should be able to do a bit better with a GB type price, free shipping most likely, etc....

Let me know what you think, enough real interest and I will make it happen or work with a vendor here, I really do not want to do it all as I am RETIRED:)

Rick

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same boat, love their stuff. Would like 16's but could compromise on 17".

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this on two forum, 100+ views, one comment, does not look to promising.

I wish others could see these in person, they are very very good wheels and for a 25 set order we could probably get a decent discount on them.

I know someone that got pushed into a wall sidways at 130 MPH, broke the suspension, bent the lip on the tire, he was able to drive to the pits as no loss of air, that is a tough wheel.

They were engineered for racing, not just pretty looks(VERY SUBJECTIVE) like the majority of wheels out there.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Latest info, only 4x100 available, 2 colors, 17x8 only.

Look around, there are no other affordable wheels that are race quality, low weight. price point, anywhere.......

And, you can buy many 15x8, some 15x9, some 16x8, track wheels for great prices if you go to 4x100.

I will talk to some of the vendors here to see if they want to pursue this.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I think that's the issue...the 4x100....not enough people are going to want to go through the hassle of getting hubs, rotors re drilled....and every time a brake swap is needed.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to look for rotors already drilled that will fit, it might take some effort to do so but looking into it.

For my car I will probably end up with two piece rotors all around eventually.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I am going to look for rotors already drilled that will fit, it might take some effort to do so but looking into it.

For my car I will probably end up with two piece rotors all around eventually.
It'd certainly make life easier to put a bbk on with 2 piece rotors. Only have to get the hats drilled once. But again, that's expensive upgrade most aren't willing or needing to do unless it's a full track car or they really want the bling.

This car isn't going to win any major unlimited TT championships. More than likely anybody that goes racing the ST will have to conform to some sort of spec series where wheel and tire width are mandated. I couldn't see them putting anything wider than a 225r spec on a car this light. Any wider and I don't think the increased steering effort and steering feel loss would benefit into real work performance gains. FWIW I run 17x9 arc 8's on my track car with 245 rcomps.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since I am going to 4x100 I am looking at some killer deals on 15x8 and even 15x9 very low weight wheels but also working on a BBK but so far I have not been able to increase the rotor mass.

15x9 would be a bit of a stretch to make it work and I would still run 225 tires but the tread is nearly 9" wide in the Hoosier R6, I have a good set in the shop.

Why 9, more sidewall support and thus more control, less flex.....but the tires are made to run good on narrow wheels....it would be more for the challenge than benefits but there might be some good results from it.

I plan to roll the fenders well and am not afraid to do some shaping in the wheel wells as long as not to drastic.

I am building to my specs and will let the car run where it has to, ATP downpipe arrived, I was going to get one from another manf then decided to make my own but the price was too good to bother and they have already tested it with the GT turbo upgrade so kind of a no brainer. I am building the 3" exhaust, parts on order, $250!

I am also looking for the right core to build my own IC and piping then just get the AP......

I will probaby do an LSD and coilovers for sure.

----------------------------------

Back to the wheels:

I do not think this is going to work out, 17x8 is pretty big when the tire sizes we have available just get to tall, we need some good 225/40 or 35/17's

I will do more research and look for a good wheel in 16x8 and see what I can get going, I can run the 16x8 RPF1 in 4x100 but finding it will be tough to get track tires that I want to run so the 15's work out better, either way the RPF1 design would not fit over the Fiesta BBK so I have to work out my own kit either way. Best so far would be 11.75" diameter, 1.25" thick rotor, have hats I found that will work.....for 15's just 11" by .81" thick rotors and hats.

There are some good 225 tires in 16 for the street, not many but some good ones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts