Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that we bought the top of the line "Cheap car" but it has bothered me for a while about how much play the plastic center console and armrest have.
I'm a tall guy and usually when I get into the seats I have to place my right elbow down on the armrest before getting all the way in. Every single time I do this I feel the entire armrest wiggle a good 1-2 inches

I can also wiggle the armrest / cupholders freely, Is this just how the car is built or is it just my car?

Thanks,

Kyle

I have about 16k miles on the car now and all the squeaks and creaks are coming out to annnoy me.

· Registered
635 Posts
Yep, mine moves that much, my center console also creaks. I plan on tearing it apart today and doing a writeup on the seat squeak, the center squeak, the A pillar squeak and the rear tray support squeaks.

Reactions: AT-AT

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, mine moves that much, my center console also creaks. I plan on tearing it apart today and doing a writeup on the seat squeak, the center squeak, the A pillar squeak and the rear tray support squeaks.
Thank goodness, the passenger recaro also digs into the center armrest causing the most annoying squeak

· Registered
635 Posts
Thank goodness, the passenger recaro also digs into the center armrest causing the most annoying squeak
I don't have Recaro's :(, however i think i know what you're talking about, my boyfriend's Kia Forte Koup has seats almost like the Recaro's and (i'm a bigger person) when i drive it the right bolster hits the console and makes a horrid squeak. Maybe i'll include photos in that for everyone. The most common complaint to me to date is the stock non Recaro seats squeak with vertical movement (which with our suspension, there is a lot of) And i figured out a way to add support and fix the seat.

Reactions: AT-AT

· Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The most common complaint to me to date is the stock non Recaro seats squeak with vertical movement (which with our suspension, there is a lot of) And i figured out a way to add support and fix the seat.
Very interested to hear this because I recently have been hearing a squeak/creak when I sit or get up from my Recaros! I paid all this money for these seats and they wrinkle like her and sound like her 40 year old couch too.

· Registered
635 Posts
Haha, I mean I weigh in close to the three bills range, so my seats naturally wear out quicker then my 120lb boyfriends seats. I just know that these seats were very cheaply designed and I can't believe how little support there really is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
635 Posts
Sorry i haven't posted anything yet guys, i'm in between switching jobs and remodeling my house, haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.