Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So are there any companies yet making shocks/ struts specifically for the ST that would be well suited to autocross? Preferably double adjustable, not coilovers?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Not yet that I've seen. It will take a little bit of time.

I haven't done any autoX specific checking since that isn't my cup of tea, but all the track duty reports I've seen of the FiST is that the suspension is very capable as is. Maybe give it a go before swapping out for something aftermarket.

·
Registered
773 Posts
So are there any companies yet making shocks/ struts specifically for the ST that would be well suited to autocross? Preferably single adjustable, not coilovers?
Do yourself a favor and try it stock. You will be surprised how well it copes.

·
Registered
773 Posts
If you are looking for "moar low" the nice thing is that you can soften up the ride and still reduce body roll. It would be a shame though if people slam the car though. Waste of a great car to be honest.

Reactions: SpaceFish

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I won't be adjusting the ride height anytime soon, but I expect higher low speed damping would help with body roll in quick transitions. Plus being able to adjust to a somewhat softer setting would make the car more comfortable on the day-to-day driving.

I would need more seat time at events to judge what would be most helpful, but I expect there is room for improvement.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Reactions: rodmoe

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know this thread is kind of old but I'm pretty sure ford racing came out with a set specifically for auto cross.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I hate adjustable shocks. I messed with a set for a year and they never performed better than race valved Bilsteins.
That is entirely personal opinion. If you know how to set up suspension properly and have a good set of coilovers, you can make them do what ever you want. I love suspension set ups so I am a bit of a nerd that way.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Curious, whats the difference between a regular fiesta set of coilovers, and ST coilovers?
The FiST has different steering knuckles and the thicker twist beam means a revised spring rate / ratio to the front would be desirable. That said, there is a guy on another board that fit the ford racing bilstein set on the FiST even though a Ford claimed it wouldn't fit.

There may be more performance potential in non-adjustable shocks, but an adjustable set would allow for a more compliant ride, which is nice for an around-town daily driver.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The FiST has different steering knuckles and the thicker twist beam means a revised spring rate / ratio to the front would be desirable. That said, there is a guy on another board that fit the ford racing bilstein set on the FiST even though a Ford claimed it wouldn't fit.

There may be more performance potential in non-adjustable shocks, but an adjustable set would allow for a more compliant ride, which is nice for an around-town daily driver.
Which once again brings about the question of classing for auto-x. Gotta love new model cars.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ST Coilovers are like KW's, just in a different finish.

I've been going out of my way to make sure I offer literally every decent piece of suspension hardware for these cars that's available - check it out here
Get your Ford Fiesta ST Suspension Upgrades at ModBargains. Huge Inventory, Experts Ready To Assist

I actually came to this thread hoping it was about the FRPP "Autocross Suspension" package
That's excellent that you are supportive of the platform. For Stock/Street class autocrossers standalone shocks and struts are preferable to full coilovers. Do you have a line on when we might see these hitting the US market?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts