923 Posts
Reactions: Colin1337

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mountune did partner with ford Europe now its partnering with ford USA. So its actually new news.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
490 Posts
But Mountune is overrated and overpriced, besidea, the warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. Custom FTW.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I knew this was coming, back in august, before it was announced to the public and so for me this is "old news". heh. I agree with Drifter, a warranty is only as good as the company who backs it. If they don't want to warranty something, they won't, even if it is a factory defect. I've personally seen hundreds of warranty issues handled as if "it's the owners fault". Their general attitude is "you have to prove to use that you aren't abusing the car and that you've done all maintenance on the vehicle before we will consider paying for the repairs". This is THE number one reason I do not buy/will not buy an extended warranty. Gone are the days where dealers push factory extended warranties. The aftermarket ones just suck for the consumer and are GREAT for dealer profit. I almost had to tell the finance guy to STFU and just do the paperwork and stop trying to get me to buy an extended service plan. They try really really hard. I'm sure most people end up buying one (or some protection plan). It's all nonsense.. lol

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My dealer tried to get me to buy the extended warrantee also but stopped him quickly after I mention bigger turbo mod after 60k or 5years whichever comes first lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
923 Posts
My dealer tried to get me to buy the extended warrantee also but stopped him quickly after I mention bigger turbo mod after 60k or 5years whichever comes first lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
That should work quite nicely. lol

·
Registered
923 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I knew this was coming, back in august, before it was announced to the public and so for me this is "old news". heh. I agree with Drifter, a warranty is only as good as the company who backs it. If they don't want to warranty something, they won't, even if it is a factory defect. I've personally seen hundreds of warranty issues handled as if "it's the owners fault". Their general attitude is "you have to prove to use that you aren't abusing the car and that you've done all maintenance on the vehicle before we will consider paying for the repairs". This is THE number one reason I do not buy/will not buy an extended warranty. Gone are the days where dealers push factory extended warranties. The aftermarket ones just suck for the consumer and are GREAT for dealer profit. I almost had to tell the finance guy to STFU and just do the paperwork and stop trying to get me to buy an extended service plan. They try really really hard. I'm sure most people end up buying one (or some protection plan). It's all nonsense.. lol
Well, it depends a little on the car, the cost, the coverage, etc. I had never previously purchased an extended warranty, but decided to purchase aftermarket coverage for our Audi S4 wagon when the Audi plan expired. It was not cheap, but it has paid off, mostly due to what was essentially a bad original design of the factory-provided valve covers -- leading to premature seal failure and the insurer agreeing to replace the covers with a newer design instead of replacing the gasket (after 2 gasket replacements and then a failed AC compressor. I got the extended warranty because we had the power steering fail under the OEM warranty, leading to a pricy repair bill covered by Audi. I was wary of what else might fail -- and my worries proved out. We're closing in on the end of the extended warranty now. It'll be 10 years with the car in April. I love the @#$% out of the car, but worry a bit about what lies ahead for the thing.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Well, it depends a little on the car, the cost, the coverage, etc. I had never previously purchased an extended warranty, but decided to purchase aftermarket coverage for our Audi S4 wagon when the Audi plan expired. It was not cheap, but it has paid off, mostly due to what was essentially a bad original design of the factory-provided valve covers -- leading to premature seal failure and the insurer agreeing to replace the covers with a newer design instead of replacing the gasket (after 2 gasket replacements and then a failed AC compressor. I got the extended warranty because we had the power steering fail under the OEM warranty, leading to a pricy repair bill covered by Audi. I was wary of what else might fail -- and my worries proved out. We're closing in on the end of the extended warranty now. It'll be 10 years with the car in April. I love the @#$% out of the car, but worry a bit about what lies ahead for the thing.
Yep, also depends on the warranty. Factory extended warranties are MUCH better than the aftermarket ones in my experience. By all means, if you plan on keeping a car for 10 years, a good extended warranty is a great idea. It's just prudent to read the fine print on what it covers and what it doesn't cover.

Reactions: SpaceFish

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
The USA price is $1229.00 for the MP215 kit (Not including labor). The UK does not include the mTune at 599GBP
as the Ford dealers there can flash through the Ford system. With the mTune in the UK it's 799GBP so the prices are basically harmonized with the USA pending currency fluctuation. The mTune will support further mountune calibrations when we develop our MR packages for the Fiesta (outside of the Ford warranty naturally ) to go along with our larger turbo, sport cat down pipe, cams, etc. I have driven a USA car in the UK with our calibration on 91 octane and it's a nice upgrade. Of course higher octane fuel equals better performance. And to clarify, the mTune is locked. You will not be able to custom tune with it. It's locked because we are using it to support the Ford warranty. I am sure you understand Ford does not want random tuning on their cars and still offer warranty support. But again, you will have access to our proven and stable upgraded calibrations (MR) developed in house by our highly experienced team of OE and motorsport level calibration engineers.
The mTune is based on the Accessport with our own firmware. You cannot use any other calibrations/maps with it except for mountune maps. However we know a little bit about tuning Fords so I think you are in good hands. Naturally there are those that want to custom tune and the solution is easy…buy an Accessport and make sure you find someone that knows what they are doing to tune the car. We expect to release the Focus mTune in the USA in the next few weeks. The calibration is done and we can sell the kit but at this point we are still in the process of CARB testing so it's not under the Ford warranty program yet. The Fiesta is further behind. We had to make some final tweaks (better power) for the USA calibration and we are waiting for Ford to sign off on it. Then we need to go through the whole CARB process. I wish I had a firm date for all of you but it is coming along. In the meantime we continue to develop more products for each platform and I think in the next 6 months, you will all be very pleased with the range of products available.

Ken
Saw this in regards to Kit Pricing for the NA market and Ken lets a lil other stuff out :)
Enjoy found this on a different forum

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
93 Posts
The USA price is $1229.00 for the MP215 kit (Not including labor). The UK does not include the mTune at 599GBP
as the Ford dealers there can flash through the Ford system. With the mTune in the UK it's 799GBP so the prices are basically harmonized with the USA pending currency fluctuation. The mTune will support further mountune calibrations when we develop our MR packages for the Fiesta (outside of the Ford warranty naturally ) to go along with our larger turbo, sport cat down pipe, cams, etc. I have driven a USA car in the UK with our calibration on 91 octane and it's a nice upgrade. Of course higher octane fuel equals better performance. And to clarify, the mTune is locked. You will not be able to custom tune with it. It's locked because we are using it to support the Ford warranty. I am sure you understand Ford does not want random tuning on their cars and still offer warranty support. But again, you will have access to our proven and stable upgraded calibrations (MR) developed in house by our highly experienced team of OE and motorsport level calibration engineers.
The mTune is based on the Accessport with our own firmware. You cannot use any other calibrations/maps with it except for mountune maps. However we know a little bit about tuning Fords so I think you are in good hands. Naturally there are those that want to custom tune and the solution is easy…buy an Accessport and make sure you find someone that knows what they are doing to tune the car. We expect to release the Focus mTune in the USA in the next few weeks. The calibration is done and we can sell the kit but at this point we are still in the process of CARB testing so it's not under the Ford warranty program yet. The Fiesta is further behind. We had to make some final tweaks (better power) for the USA calibration and we are waiting for Ford to sign off on it. Then we need to go through the whole CARB process. I wish I had a firm date for all of you but it is coming along. In the meantime we continue to develop more products for each platform and I think in the next 6 months, you will all be very pleased with the range of products available.

Ken

Saw this in regards to Kit Pricing for the NA market and Ken lets a lil other stuff out :)
Enjoy found this on a different forum
Awesome news, eagerly awaiting this MT215 kit. At $1229 isn't too bad, but a bit pricey if you don't want the mTune handheld tuner that the kit comes with. Wondering how much labour the dealer will charge to install the Mountune airbox, complete the tune and install the mTune handheld into the car. I'm thinking it will be around 2hrs of time. Which will bring the bill to about $1500 + taxes.

More details on the mTune 215 Power Upgrade Package:
mTune 215 Power Upgrade Package - Mk7 1.6 ST - Mountune Online

·
Registered
67 Posts
I wonder how mTune 215 is compared to Accessport stage 1? Price difference is near double but it IS warranty covered... Hmmm

·
Registered
93 Posts
Sounds like in Europe the Ford dealers can install the air box and of the tune for 599 euros or about $800. So basically the mTune is about $400 by its self but required to actually download Mountunes custom tune.

My understanding from Ken's response is the mTune is locked down to only mTunes and can't be loaded with custom tunes which is done to maintain the Ford warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
I wonder how mTune 215 is compared to Accessport stage 1? Price difference is near double but it IS warranty covered... Hmmm
The mTune is really not very good at all, in fact, some guys in the UK lost power over stock. They are ditching it and going for Finsport or Revo stage 1.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The mTune is really not very good at all, in fact, some guys in the UK lost power over stock. They are ditching it and going for Finsport or Revo stage 1.

Can I ask where you're getting this information from?

The MP215 conversion is a market leading upgrade, and has had brilliant reviews from motoring journalists, newspapers and magazines throughout the EU.

Have you actually driven one of the converted cars? Or are you just regurgitating an untruth that someone else has told you?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Can I ask where you're getting this information from?

The MP215 conversion is a market leading upgrade, and has had brilliant reviews from motoring journalists, newspapers and magazines throughout the EU.

Have you actually driven one of the converted cars? Or are you just regurgitating an untruth that someone else has told you?
I'm a long standing member on the UK Fiesta forum and have been following the Mountune release quite eagerly. There are quite a few complaints regarding the MP215 upgrade and where owners replace the Mountune software with other brands (Finsport, Revo even Bluefin).

Go see for yourself

Fiesta ST Owners Club

1 - 20 of 30 Posts