Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This should serve as the BC Racing coilover question/answer thread. We just installed a set of BC Racing coilovers on our Fiesta ST and they are incredible. For those of you who are new to coilovers/suspension in general, this setup is fully height adjustable as well as 30 way dampening adjustable. Installation is very simple and can be completed in a couple hours. Ride quality is excellent, being just a bit more firm than the factory suspension, but not bouncy or harsh.

Here is a shot of our current setup on ESM 004 17x8" wheels:

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. For more info visit our website

Fiesta ST BC Racing Coilover Suspension

Thank you!
Nik @ Levels

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Curious, where are BC coilovers made in? Can you confirm if its Taiwan?

·
Registered
488 Posts
BCs are good stuff. Those were the coilovera of choice back when I had my srt4

Sent via carrier pigeon
that is good to know! do they offer re-builds? how long was the warranty on them if you remember? thanks,

·
Registered
2,235 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I have them sitting in the shipping box next to all my ST things to install once it warms up and dry's out...
I did put a Set of Eibach coilovers on a RSX Acura that i had a while back and was very happy with them looked long and hard at the KW but $$$ got in the way every time i went before the budget committee at that time LOL
These feel every bit as strong and the coatings looks top shelf with the amount of adjustment and the quality feel of these i have no worries Plus getting them from someone that runs them on their car i feel comfortable they are sprung and valved according to what i want the car to be able to do..
Fit and Finish are A-1.. I'll post more after the install but like i have said "It's WINTER up here in the Tundra" i'll wait to install till we get some warm weather (+ 40 degF) and I have the time to insatll and get them aligned as the front has a nice range of movement on the upper hole of the knuckle mount.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
106 Posts
How does the coilovers affect the awesome handling ability of the stock Fiesta ST? I want to be able to retain the light lift off oversteer characteristics of the stock tune but always lower my cars...

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How does the coilovers affect the awesome handling ability of the stock Fiesta ST? I want to be able to retain the light lift off oversteer characteristics of the stock tune but always lower my cars...
The coilovers enhance the handling by lowering and stiffening the car on all corners. It still retains the same characteristics, just more rigid.

·
Registered
106 Posts
That's good to hear. I know that some suspension tunes are highly tweaked to display certain characteristics and I didn't want to ruin the fine balance the car already had.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Levels can you tell us your drop height, camber with or without a person in it and toe adjustment.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
That's good to hear. I know that some suspension tunes are highly tweaked to display certain characteristics and I didn't want to ruin the fine balance the car already had.
You are right to worry about this. When a vendor says that coilovers improve the handling of a car simply because it lowers it and makes it more stiff - be very cautious. Lowering a car often makes it handle worse, even if it feels like it handles better due to the increased spring rates. If a quality set of coilovers are installed and the vehicle is corner balanced properly I suspect the factory handling can be slightly improved upon. Unfortunately, simply lowering the car to the height that looks good isn't how this works. For a basic daily driver that shouldn't matter, but if improving measurable handling characteristics is your goal make sure you have it done right (and accept you may have to live with some wheel to fender gap).

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm looking to install these myself this weekend, I heard it was pretty simple for anyone to do but i didn't really get any directions? There's like a 4 page packet with some warnings and how to adjust etc. but no real instructions. I've never installed coilovers before. I'm not that worried but at least SOME guidance would be nice. Did anyone do like a writeup or anything?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
not so much a write up as I googled the srt4 kids sites and found ho w to set the 5mm or so rear preload then adjust you rear shock to match the hole for proper travel according to your ride height . On the Fronts DO NOT MESS with the upper two colloars as this preloads your spring and to adjust ride height you adjust the strut by screwing it into the lower body or out of depending how you want to set your car up.. or was it a nissan site i found details on .. let me go look

Yup it was a nissain site here is a start
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/ni.../323557-bc-coilover-rear-adjustment-help.html

I used a search of BC racing rear coils adjustment

What I did was set ride hieght in rear then with the car off the ground and rear twist beam fully unloaded I used a floor jack to getthe rear spring so the are NOT loose but not loaded yet (you can not rattle them around in the perchor move then just a snug fit) Then i used a floor jack to lift the rear beam at the wheel to all about 5mm or 1/2 close enough. with that set you adjust the rear shock so the hole lines up with the bolt hole and you can put the bolt thru the bushing of the shock and hand tighten it then you know you are set for proper shock travel .. at least thats how I understood the various boards and YouTube vids I watched... then don't forget to tighten all locking collars too ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 45 Posts