Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been wracking my brain for awhile now trying to figure out the best size when special ordering wheels and I need some help.

Using the stock suspension set up, I'd like a wheel and tire combination that gets me good performance, either on par with the stock wheels or a little better. I'd like them to be flush with the outside of the car (I'm not looking for "hellaflush" or "poke", just compensating for the factory depth). I'm not opposed to sizing down an inch of that means better performance.

That being said, what size and offset are good? What tire size would be best to pair with that wheel size? Any help you guys can provide would be helpful!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I too would like to know. The only reason I'd want to go after market is for the width. Not 7.5" but 8". Apparently there isn't much room for play on the front. 18mm from the strut? So I'm thinking 17x8 +35 with -2 camber as it will poke a bit. Camber will help immensely through cornering too. But waiting for someone else to be the guinea pig :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's a virgin market. I've been toying with the idea of 17 x 8 +35 myself. I'll put my money where my mouth is at tax time.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
17x8/43mm is a solid fit. 17x8/35mm is into poke & stretch territory.

If you guys are interested in Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels, I can work a price for factory orders to your specs. 17x8 and/or 18x8.

·
Registered
244 Posts
A number of years ago Grassroots motorsports did an article about tire size. They set up the same car with a number of different tire/wheel options (I think it was a Miata). The car was timed through an autoX course and results were compared. Bigger was not better/or faster. The results were interesting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a virgin market. I've been toying with the idea of 17 x 8 +35 myself. I'll put my money where my mouth is at tax time.
I hope you'll include pics because I would love to see how this turns out!

I've had my eye on a set of 17x8 +35, but I really want to see some on a few FiSTs first.

·
Registered
248 Posts

I've had my eye on a set of 17x8 +35, but I really want to see some on a few FiSTs first.
i'm new to fords, but mind telling me what companies actually make wheels for our cars?

·
Registered
77 Posts

In all likelihood I'll go with PC and their selection of Team Dynamics. Great company.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm new to fords, but mind telling me what companies actually make wheels for our cars?
Just look around for anything with a 4x108 bolt pattern. They're less common, but there are plenty of companies that make them. Most major manufacturers have wheels in sizes that will fit. www.tirerack.com is one place but it definitely is not the end of the list. If you find a set you like check how it will fit at Online Wheel and Tyre Fitment Calculator. Offset, Tyre Stretch and Speedo Error | Will They Fit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts