Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm very much considering buying my first (new) car (I made a post earlier about Focus ST vs Fiesta ST, and that made me lean more towards the Fiesta).

That, however, gave me a new dilemma.

Should I go for the Fiesta Sport or the Fiesta ST? The ST is obviously the better choice (Faster engine, better suspension).
They have the same styling, same equipment, and while I don't know exactly what's lacking in the suspension department, I do know it's got a 125hp engine instead of the 182 horsepower one in the ST, but besides that I think the cars are identical.

Most of you guys would think I'm retarded for even asking this question, but cars here in Denmark are outrageously expensive.
The difference between the Sport and the ST? A cool 29.000 US Dollars. Which I do believe is more than you guys pay for the actual Fiesta ST itself.

So what do you guys think? I know the ST is the obviously better car, but how much better? 30000 USD?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Holy shit, the ST option is 30K?! What's that bring sticker to, and why are they so expensive?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Mine was 28000 for a fully loaded except nav in Puerto Rico. But then the Hyundai veloster turbo is 31 and the non turbo is 26 so i think compared with the others the price is not bad. In Puerto Rico what brings the price to this is taxes. The gov gets around 4k from that total.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
162 Posts
It's all going to be subjective, but for me, I hated the regular Fiesta but love the ST.

The jump to the ST is way more there, but you also live in Europe where twisty high speed roads, which this car was designed for, are more common. So there is that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
In return they get arguably some of the best government provided freebies. Give and take.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I get that (except for the freebies part, nothing is free). I was only pointing out that the cost of an ST in the US and most other countries had little to do with the cost of an ST in Denmark.

Like I said in another thread, it is about scale.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy shit, the ST option is 30K?! What's that bring sticker to, and why are they so expensive?
Just around 65.000 USD.

Just for comparison, an M5 is 300.000

But thanks for the advice, in the end I think I found out that I'm in love with the ST, not anything about it in particular, but the whole package. So a regular Fiesta with a fancy exterior and a slightly bigger engine would not be worth my money at all.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Just around 65.000 USD.

Just for comparison, an M5 is 300.000

But thanks for the advice, in the end I think I found out that I'm in love with the ST, not anything about it in particular, but the whole package. So a regular Fiesta with a fancy exterior and a slightly bigger engine would not be worth my money at all.
You just answered your own question and I agree with your answer! :D I don't think you will regret anything about the Fiesta ST. It is a fantastic drivers car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts