Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm probably the most impatient person in the world, however I heard atp is developing a big turbo for the fiesta ST due for summer release. I guess my question is, does anyone else know of any other companies that are joining this program? How many big turbo kits can we expect to see? To be honest, I'd love to see one from cobb. I'm what we would call a cobb fan boy :)

I'm not so much concerned with the turbo lag as long as it's minimized (nothing like a big kick in the rear when boostin).

·
Registered
490 Posts
Contact Jay at Finsport in the UK. Their stage 3 which is a Hybrid turbo is due for release pretty soon, and I know they started development on a stage 4.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I'm eventually just doing a custom set up once there are more fueling options and general support.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
You probably won't need much in the way of fueling unless your building the motor. Direct injected is pretty good about supporting big numbers, plus you can't swap out injectors. Most you can do is e85, meth, or a 5th port setup
According to one gentleman here, DI needs injectors..

I feel like the stock system would be hurting with a gtx28 on the corn..lol

·
Registered
678 Posts
Injectors are needed on the MkV GTI (DI), and can be easily swapped, so I'm not sure where that info comes from. I would also see if the HPFP will support that much pressure (130PSI rail pressure or so).

I would imagine cp-e will make a kit as well.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
What happened if you had a bad injector? Surely there had to be some way to replace it. I guess it was much simpler in the VWs because you had injectors from higher models (S3 injectors were a popular swap for going to K04, RS4 for higher power levels) readily available.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I would say yes, as a short answer. It could be possible just by building the motor (you could get 250whp NA with enough money), but the most cost effective way by far would be just upgrading the turbo. Our stocker is about as far as it can go with a catless DP and good tune.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ford's GDI is different from Mazda's GDI on the MS3 and MS6.

My company has been working with a known turbo kit manufacturer on a F150 Ecoboost. They've had a set of our larger GDI injectors in and tuning before SEMA and PRI this year.

More than likely, we'll be using my FiST for R&D in the near future.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Looks like ATP has found the limit of the stock fuel system @ around 330whp.

I'm curious to see how much further the community would want to take it beyond that.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks like ATP has found the limit of the stock fuel system @ around 330whp.

I'm curious to see how much further the community would want to take it beyond that.
I have a feeling that 300whp is a lot for this car. Some people always need more so I wouldn't be surprised to see some guys hitting 350-370 with a GTX30R or even go crazy with a GTX35R which would lag until 6000rpm then blow your socks off for 500rpm

·
Registered
131 Posts
So what are the rally guys using for turbos/injectors? Blocks 1.6 ecoboost is putting down close to 650 whp...

·
Registered
773 Posts
So what are the rally guys using for turbos/injectors? Blocks 1.6 ecoboost is putting down close to 650 whp...
Blocks WRC motor makes about 300-350hp but 500-600tq because of the restrictor they are forced to use on the turbo. The GRC car makes 600-650hp but I do not think that thing shares much with a normal Ecoboost. Both are longitudinally mounted and AWD though.

They are probably using a Garret GTX35R or equivalent with massive injectors and fuel pump. Plus anti-lag

·
Registered
728 Posts
The GRC is running the 2L but the WRC is running the 1.6L
The fiesta WRC also runs the 2L.
The 1.6L is used in the Fiesta R5s which run in the WRC2 class.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts