Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying a '14 US-spec Fiesta ST (5-DR). I'm a frequent cyclist, so fitting a road bike in the car is important to me. Has anyone tried fitting a bike in the back of an FiST with the seats down?

Also, is there a a preferred bike rack for the car? I'd probably go with a Thule setup...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Yes people have gotten a bike in the back with the seats folded down and there are a couple roof racks for the bikes. If you search around you'll find pics of both here on the forum.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Front wheel off and my tri bike fits fine. I also have a bell rack for those times i need to carry 2. It's not a roof rack, hangs off the back, but it works fine and was only $40.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm running a hitch with a 1up USA platform rack. LOVE the rack. The hitch seems to fit great but the muffler swings around so much it taps it on bumpy roads. Trying to find a way to change the exhaust as I prefer this rack much more than a roof rack and taking my bike apart to go in back seems like a hassle. Any ideas on the exhaust are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had to take both the front and rear tire off my medium sized 29er for the bike to fit inside. I'm going with a Sea Sucker Mini Bomber for the roof.

Ian
Do you think the Seasuckers would work for this beast? I just hate to put it in the back of my cars because after a day of downhill it is covered in mud.

Bike1.jpg

·
Vendor
418 Posts
Do you think the Seasuckers would work for this beast? I just hate to put it in the back of my cars because after a day of downhill it is covered in mud.
My 29er weighs 30 lbs. and I don't know if I would want much more weight on the roof with suction cups. If I had a downhill bike, I'd go the hitch route again probably.

Ian

·
Registered
773 Posts
My 29er weighs 30 lbs. and I don't know if I would want much more weight on the roof with suction cups. If I had a downhill bike, I'd go the hitch route again probably.

Ian
Ya that was what I was getting at. I didn't know if that mount was stiff/strong enough.

Its 36lbs which is relatively light for a DH bike but its still a lot of weight and would cause a lot of damage if it came loose. It doesn't look like we have much choice for hitches though. Might have to just throw a tarp down inside and throw the bike on top for now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had my exhaust shop weld up a firmer hanger today and all is well. Muffler no longer hits the hitch. Charged me 40 bucks to weld in the new hanger.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looks like you found yourself a solution. Also it's probably the camera angle but that photo makes the bike look the same size as the car :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Poor pic but this car sits low! He bolted the hangar to the frame than welded it to the muffler

Probably could have been done better or cleaner but hey, it works

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm considering buying a '14 US-spec Fiesta ST (5-DR). I'm a frequent cyclist, so fitting a road bike in the car is important to me. Has anyone tried fitting a bike in the back of an FiST with the seats down?

Also, is there a a preferred bike rack for the car? I'd probably go with a Thule setup...
I'm able to fit my 54cm Cannondale CAAD8 in the back with the seats down and the front wheel off, which isn't a huge deal if I'm riding solo.

I'm trying to figure out a good solution to carry two bikes. I'm a little bit worried of putting my girlfriend's heavy Public bike on a hatch-mounted rack and the ST doesn't have any mounts on the roof for the factory Thule rack, so I'm not sure what the next-best solution is. Does anyone have any experience with Yakima's Q Towers?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts