Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying a '14 US-spec Fiesta ST (5-DR). I'm a frequent cyclist, so fitting a road bike in the car is important to me. Has anyone tried fitting a bike in the back of an FiST with the seats down?

Also, is there a a preferred bike rack for the car? I'd probably go with a Thule setup...

· Registered
369 Posts
Yes people have gotten a bike in the back with the seats folded down and there are a couple roof racks for the bikes. If you search around you'll find pics of both here on the forum.

· Registered
31 Posts
I'm running a hitch with a 1up USA platform rack. LOVE the rack. The hitch seems to fit great but the muffler swings around so much it taps it on bumpy roads. Trying to find a way to change the exhaust as I prefer this rack much more than a roof rack and taking my bike apart to go in back seems like a hassle. Any ideas on the exhaust are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
773 Posts
I had to take both the front and rear tire off my medium sized 29er for the bike to fit inside. I'm going with a Sea Sucker Mini Bomber for the roof.

Ian
Do you think the Seasuckers would work for this beast? I just hate to put it in the back of my cars because after a day of downhill it is covered in mud.

Land vehicle Bicycle Vehicle Bicycle wheel Bicycle part

· Vendor
418 Posts
Do you think the Seasuckers would work for this beast? I just hate to put it in the back of my cars because after a day of downhill it is covered in mud.
My 29er weighs 30 lbs. and I don't know if I would want much more weight on the roof with suction cups. If I had a downhill bike, I'd go the hitch route again probably.

Ian

· Registered
773 Posts
My 29er weighs 30 lbs. and I don't know if I would want much more weight on the roof with suction cups. If I had a downhill bike, I'd go the hitch route again probably.

Ian
Ya that was what I was getting at. I didn't know if that mount was stiff/strong enough.

Its 36lbs which is relatively light for a DH bike but its still a lot of weight and would cause a lot of damage if it came loose. It doesn't look like we have much choice for hitches though. Might have to just throw a tarp down inside and throw the bike on top for now.

· Registered
1 Posts
I'm considering buying a '14 US-spec Fiesta ST (5-DR). I'm a frequent cyclist, so fitting a road bike in the car is important to me. Has anyone tried fitting a bike in the back of an FiST with the seats down?

Also, is there a a preferred bike rack for the car? I'd probably go with a Thule setup...
I'm able to fit my 54cm Cannondale CAAD8 in the back with the seats down and the front wheel off, which isn't a huge deal if I'm riding solo.

I'm trying to figure out a good solution to carry two bikes. I'm a little bit worried of putting my girlfriend's heavy Public bike on a hatch-mounted rack and the ST doesn't have any mounts on the roof for the factory Thule rack, so I'm not sure what the next-best solution is. Does anyone have any experience with Yakima's Q Towers?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.