Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2014 fiesta st and i was wanting to get a BOV for it. Does anyone know what size outlet I need?

·
Registered
269 Posts
The car's turbo system uses a recir system and bypass valve. No BOV required. It would be for sound only at the expense of performance.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
DO NOT get a BOV. If you absolutely needed to get a BPV (bypass valve). Anything that vents to air is not good (BOV).

If you get an intake it will sound like you have a BOV. No one would know the difference and your car would thank you for it. BOV's are ricey.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
I dont think vta is bad in this car as it isn't maf tuned.
VTA with a MAP sensor is ok if you really need to install a BOV, but when you run a BOV to atmosphere with a MAF sensor, the engine will run very rich for a short period of time after a gear up change because the intake air that was recirculated has now been vented. The ECU has been signalled by the MAF sensor to injected a set amount of fuel according to the volume of air measured by the MAF sensor. Because some of this air has been vented the engine will run rich and may even stall between gear shifts.
The MAP sensor is measuring volume in the intake manifold and can compensate for the loss of intake air when the BOV vents to atmosphere during up shifts.
The other consideration that is rarely mentioned is that during high manifold vacuum, for example driving down a hill with the throttle closed, the BOV is open and drawing in unfiltered air into the engine.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
I never had any problems running vta ok my speed6 with the his. Gurgled a bit more in between shifts but that's it. An ssqv like the hks shouldn't be open at all under acceleration and ive never heard any complain a out the downhill thing either
A lot of aftermarket BOV's have been shown to leak. Even some higher end offerings. The best typically come from Tial.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the stock BPV though. They can typically hold MUCH more than stock. Subarus are known to hold over 22psi very reliably and stock they were only 15-16psi.

I can only imagine how much the FiST can handle as it holds 21psi stock.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys I'll probably take your adice and stick with an air intake. Any body know any CARB Certified or E.O. numbered in takes?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Although i have decided to get an air intake instead, for shits and giggles what is the outlet aize for the stock valve?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The stock valve is attached to the turbo. To runs a bov you would need to make a plate for there to delete it then run one on the charge pipe.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I get it, it's difficult but what is the size?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
What about the Boomba spacer that goes between the factory valve to release air into the atmosphere?
"
FiST_BOV_NAT_DSC_7540_copy_WEB__34778.1405457834.1280.1280.jpg This high performance adapter mounts between the OEM bypass valve/solenoid and the stock turbo, causing the unused charge air to vent to atmosphere (VTA) giving off the well known, but distinct sound all turbo owners know and love! The adapter bolts right in with the included longer bolts"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts