Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi Lubo,

I see you mentioned calling our Customer Relationship Center and setting up a case. If you send me the case number in a PM, I can check in on it.

I didn't see this thread before, but I'm here now. :) Thanks for the shout-out!

Meagan
Thanks Meagan, PM sent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Our dealer gave us a rental from enterprise while we waited for a replacement engine (coolant into cyl. 4) I believe it took almost 3 weeks to complete. Yes, If they have your car for warranty repairs. You should be provided a vehicle.
Every dealer I've called just told me that Rental is covered by Ford Corporate and not by individual dealer so a case must be set up and they need to authorize the rental.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Every dealer I've called just told me that Rental is covered by Ford Corporate and not by individual dealer so a case must be set up and they need to authorize the rental.
That sounds right. If you read the warranty there is no provision for a loaner car while your car is in for repairs. Ford Corporate authorizes the loaner at their discretion. You really shouldn't have a problem in this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
One of the reasons I stopped buying Ford quite sometime ago, and just now started buying Fords again. I own a FiST and an 2014 Escape Titanium. My other car is a 2013 M3, BMW gives you a loaner even if your car is in for a oil change, which they pay for. My friends 2008 M3 engine spun a bearing under warranty and BMW got him a loaner for almost a month while the new engine made its way from Germany. They put him in a BMW X5M, that thing was a beast. I think the loaner should be commensurate to the type of car that is in for service.

Dave

·
Registered
136 Posts
One of the reasons I stopped buying Ford quite sometime ago, and just now started buying Fords again. I own a FiST and an 2014 Escape Titanium. My other car is a 2013 M3, BMW gives you a loaner even if your car is in for a oil change, which they pay for. My friends 2008 M3 engine spun a bearing under warranty and BMW got him a loaner for almost a month while the new engine made its way from Germany. They put him in a BMW X5M, that thing was a beast. I think the loaner should be commensurate to the type of car that is in for service.

Dave
Acura and Lexus do something similar as well. I'm guessing Mercedes does too. Kind of a nice perk.

·
Registered
300 Posts

Dave
My wife had a 2009 Audi Q5, and it was in for head cleaning/secondary air cleaning (from direct injection issues), and it took them 3 weeks, and we got a 2014 Audi A6 3.0T as a loaner. They gave it to her right after she dropped off the Q5, no paperwork or approval or anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
My wife had a 2009 Audi Q5, and it was in for head cleaning/secondary air cleaning (from direct injection issues), and it took them 3 weeks, and we got a 2014 Audi A6 3.0T as a loaner. They gave it to her right after she dropped off the Q5, no paperwork or approval or anything.
I've owned BMW, VW, Nissan and BMW always put me in a BMW loaner, the other two was always a rental car no questions asked. Good thing this is a leased car, once I am done with it I am not going back to Ford as I cannot take the frustration of dealing with dealer/customer service network.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the first report of a blown engine that I've seen.

Was it a random event, or do you drive it like you stole it? What was YOUR break in procedure? How many miles on the car?
Interesting that he had to ASK if you had a tune, and couldn't tell by looking at the data.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the first report of a blown engine that I've seen.

Was it a random event, or do you drive it like you stole it? What was YOUR break in procedure? How many miles on the car?
Interesting that he had to ASK if you had a tune, and couldn't tell by looking at the data.
Hey man i have a 2015 fiesta st
Stage 3 tuned full bolt ons with 65k miles
But i was driving and held my rpms at 4500 for a bit nd when i went to speed up it would nd it would like red line but at watever rpm it is at but if i do not speed up fast it does well
You think it is blown?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts