81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reactions: Boomba Racing

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have some questions that may seem pretty dumb but I'm not as tech savvy on newer turbo engines as i am on old muscle car v8s lol. but will having this BOV effect my warranty for any reason and does it effect performance? like increase the turbo lag from letting off the extra air? i thought i heard somewhere that the fiesta basically recirculates the extra air to decrease the lag

·
Vendor
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
i have some questions that may seem pretty dumb but I'm not as tech savvy on newer turbo engines as i am on old muscle car v8s lol. but will having this BOV effect my warranty for any reason and does it effect performance? like increase the turbo lag from letting off the extra air? i thought i heard somewhere that the fiesta basically recirculates the extra air to decrease the lag
Hey there, we'd be more than happy to answer some questions for you.

As far as warranty goes; certain dealers can be more picky than others when it comes to aftermarket parts. Some dealers are fine with mods whereas other dealers will not accept any mods. We always tell the customer to ask the service advisor first for what’s acceptable at any given dealership and if you have any doubts to return the car to stock form before bringing it in to a dealer. The BOV adapter can be installed in less than an hour so it is easy to return to stock should you be bringing your car back to a dealer.

The way Ford’s tuning is set up on the EcoBoosts is that they are Speed Density tuned (MAP), not MAF tuned. If a MAF tuned car runs a full VTA, it can affect things because the air being vented is not being accounted for. This doesn’t happen with the new Ford’s and their EcoBoost technology because of the MAP tuning. This is because the air going to the stock BPV (which is electronically controlled) has already been accounted for and the stock BPV is still in place, you are just essentially spacing it out and making it vent to atmosphere rather than intake. Also, since this BOV is an adapter, there are no moving parts inside such as springs or anything to get stuck, they are trouble free and maintenance free. Running this piece will not throw a CEL or cause any type of turbo lag. The car will still operate in the same manner.

If you have further questions, please let us know!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey there, we'd be more than happy to answer some questions for you.

As far as warranty goes; certain dealers can be more picky than others when it comes to aftermarket parts. Some dealers are fine with mods whereas other dealers will not accept any mods. We always tell the customer to ask the service advisor first for what’s acceptable at any given dealership and if you have any doubts to return the car to stock form before bringing it in to a dealer. The BOV adapter can be installed in less than an hour so it is easy to return to stock should you be bringing your car back to a dealer.

The way Ford’s tuning is set up on the EcoBoosts is that they are Speed Density tuned (MAP), not MAF tuned. If a MAF tuned car runs a full VTA, it can affect things because the air being vented is not being accounted for. This doesn’t happen with the new Ford’s and their EcoBoost technology because of the MAP tuning. This is because the air going to the stock BPV (which is electronically controlled) has already been accounted for and the stock BPV is still in place, you are just essentially spacing it out and making it vent to atmosphere rather than intake. Also, since this BOV is an adapter, there are no moving parts inside such as springs or anything to get stuck, they are trouble free and maintenance free. Running this piece will not throw a CEL or cause any type of turbo lag. The car will still operate in the same manner.

If you have further questions, please let us know!
Awesome! Thanks so moocher the reply. Just one more question lol. What is the difference between this adapter and your full blow off valve?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can definitely recommend the weighted knob and really looking forward to the shifter. Wish someone would make a DieselGeek type that removes the stock cable ends.
The DieselGeek Short shift kit I put on my '06 TDi Beetle remains my favorite shift kit I've encountered, I didn't spend enough time in a friend's car with the Boomba full shift kit to form a full opinion. I imagine once it is broken in it is as good, but required more parts to get it there.

·
Vendor
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Awesome! Thanks so moocher the reply. Just one more question lol. What is the difference between this adapter and your full blow off valve?
With this car you don't need our blow off valve; all you need is the BOV adapter. Its called an adapter because it basically adapts the stock BPV from venting to intake to a BOV venting to atmosphere.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts