Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BOOMBA RACING is proud to announce our new rear motor mount (RMM) for the Fiesta ST!

This direct bolt-on mount and bracket combine to replace the rear-lower engine torque mount, also known as a torque damper, significantly improving the vehicle’s traction and shifting response by reducing excessive engine flex. Wheel-hop during hard launches are also completely eliminated thanks to these mounts. Boomba Racing mounts are machined from high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum for strength, durability and looks. Inside each mount you’ll also find solid polyurethane bushings with the rigidity carefully chosen to optimize vehicle stability while also minimizing excessive vibration transfer from the motor to the body.

Installation is simple, does not require engine support and utilizes all OEM hardware. Mounts are available in Natural Aluminum finish as well as Red, Black & Blue anodized.

MSRP: $155.00

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST Rear Motor Mount - BoombaRacing.com

Water vibration Demonstration with Boomba Racing RMM installed!
0:19 - Engine Start
0:35 - Max A/C
0:56 - 1500 RPMs
1:00 - 2000 RPMs
1:05 - 3000 RPMs

·
Registered
74 Posts
have you compared to COBBs RMM? :)
just curious, due to the fact, i've been looking to upgrade to COBBs until you guys have one out!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks good, but probably will be a little harsher then cobbs imo and since they we're first to market with a bolt on rmm. I would've undercut their price point by at least 5% to encourage/sway new customers. Cool to see more options though.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Very pretty.. Any differences in terms of install to the other mount(s) on the market? e.g. removing brackets, etc?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Very pretty.. Any differences in terms of install to the other mount(s) on the market? e.g. removing brackets, etc?
I can't imagine how the installation is any different. It should be easier since you don't have to hammer out the mounting plate from the stock one to be re-used. This one comes with a beefier one. It's literally a bolt-on product. I'm really intrigued by the symmetrical design.

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't imagine how the installation is any different. It should be easier since you don't have to hammer out the mounting plate from the stock one to be re-used. This one comes with a beefier one. It's literally a bolt-on product. I'm really intrigued by the symmetrical design.
^ Exactly. Biggest difference is that we chose to replace the entire unit, bracket included. All CNC machined out of billet aluminum.

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Water vibration Demonstration with Boomba Racing RMM installed!

0:19 - Engine Start
0:35 - Max A/C
0:56 - 1500 RPMs
1:00 - 2000 RPMs
1:05 - 3000 RPMs

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just curious about the design. What was the benefit to making both bushings the same size, as opposed to stock where there is a larger bushing toward the driver and a smaller bushing on the engine side?

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just curious about the design. What was the benefit to making both bushings the same size, as opposed to stock where there is a larger bushing toward the driver and a smaller bushing on the engine side?
We've designed it that was in order to evenly distribute load & stress, which maximizes performance!

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All 4 colors are in stock and ready to ship! This RMM greatly reduces engine flex, resulting in complete elimination of wheel hop during launches and and contributing to much more solid handling!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts