Ford Fiesta ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Hey Boomba! Your rmm needs to be re-engineered...the poly bushings are not large enough, diameter speaking...wicked vibrations going from a dead stop to going forward...I have lost fillings...I like your stuff, but fix this guys

·
Registered
559 Posts
Update: Boomb's RMM has settled in a bit. At idle and with the A/C on it's a lttle rumbly. After that, the thing is working way better than stock and I can hardly get tire spin at launch unless I rev it deep and drop it, which I very rarely do. I am keeping it on my car because Race Car! The pro's outweigh the cons...out and thanks Boomba:)

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Update: Boomb's RMM has settled in a bit. At idle and with the A/C on it's a lttle rumbly. After that, the thing is working way better than stock and I can hardly get tire spin at launch unless I rev it deep and drop it, which I very rarely do. I am keeping it on my car because Race Car! The pro's outweigh the cons...out and thanks Boomba:)
Making us nervous! lol. After roughly 1k miles the mount should be noticeably broken in and vibrations should be lessened.

·
Registered
690 Posts
We already know you make great products Boomba, but a RMM that is a little less harsh and a little more perfect would do wonders for your share of the market! I'll even throw in a Kickstarter!

Who's with me?

·
Registered
626 Posts
We already know you make great products Boomba, but a RMM that is a little less harsh and a little more perfect would do wonders for your share of the market! I'll even throw in a Kickstarter!

Who's with me?
while the current Boomba RMM is scary to start with, I wouldn't change it. my car currently isn't a daily driver so that probably helps me. the Boomba RMM adds way more character to an already fun car.

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
while the current Boomba RMM is scary to start with, I wouldn't change it. my car currently isn't a daily driver so that probably helps me. the Boomba RMM adds way more character to an already fun car.
Glad to hear you're happy with it!

If we went with any softer of a bushing, you wouldn't be able to experience the full benefits of a high performance RMM.

·
Vendor
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
A great review from a recent customer!

The difference in feel between the factory and Boomba Racing's motor mount is night and day! Response and power delivery is vastly improved giving the car a true race feel. Engine vibration is directly felt at idle speed and through the entire rpm range, though this is reduced after the mount is broken in which takes about a month depending on your driving habits. Bear with the vibrations in the beginning because this product truly pays off! Power delivery is greatly improved and also the engine/drivetrain is more audible making the driving experience even more phenomenal than you've had in your Fiesta ST! You can install this mount in about an hour and a half using your own car's jack, 2 jack stands, a deep socket with extension, and a torque wrench. The only thing the instructions don't list, is that the torque specification for the motor mount bolts is 50FtLb. Also, don't worry too much if you don't have the correct metric size socket, as a close standard size will work too. Do yourself a favor and order this mount! You will not regret it one bit. Instantly take your Fiesta ST from the realm of Sport to the world of Racing with this Boomba Racing rear motor mount!

41 - 60 of 90 Posts